Wooden Assault rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
013.jpg
[/IMG]
007.jpg
sorry if you cant see the pics but ive tryed everything that everyone put on this thread. Ok ive got a dell laptop 3-5 years old i hope describing my laptop will help!

I'll just take apart your last post, maybe that'll help :)
Everything green or red is created when you click the image button (the green one with the tree, as indicated by LeeKegan), the green parts are good, the red ones bad. Everything blue is copied over from Photobucket.

(IMG)http://http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/Spartan-247/007.jpg(/IMG)

This one is right, except the red part needs to go. The forum puts this into the input box that opens up when you click the image button, and if you go Lee's way and copy the URL without tags, it will already have that part, so you need to replace what's already in the box with only one correct URL. Once you click ok or hit enter, the Forum will take that URL and put img-tags around it.

(IMG)http://(IMG)http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/Spartan-247/013.jpg(/IMG)(/IMG)

Here you copied the whole thing with image tags from Photobucket, but still clicked the image button here in the forum. You don't have to do that, just paste the stuff you copied directly into the text field where you would write your post. Photobucket has already done everything the image-button had to do in the last example (you see that by taking the red http away from the last example, you would get exactly the blue part in this one), and doing it again breaks it.

So, summary in one sentence: Either you copy the direct URL, click the image button and replace everything in the box, OR you copy the complete thing with img-tags, don't click the image-button and insert it right into the text field where you write your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh after you create a photobucket account, upload an image. after it uploads, click on it. you can then find a place next to it saying stuff like direct link and img link. left click on the link next to the "img link" once (automatically copies it) and then come here, go to the new post area, then hit paste.

004.jpg
Heres all of the parts so far for the mag.
007.jpg
this is the mag loaded with 2 .243 100 grain hunting rounds.
013.jpg
this is my version of the rifle barrel yes i do know that is not game accurite but my tools wouldnt let me make the barrel the right way.
012.jpg
this is the bolt action, sorry couldnt get the whole thing in one pic. ENJOY!!!!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 93
no im using a workbench vice {if thats how u spell it} a dremel,a number of diferent sized c- clamps, a jigsaw{ for BIG pieces} woodglue, and a radio to listen to music and not get bored from silence

Wait... Tell me if I'm missing something here, but are you actually gonna be firing LIVE ROUNDS!?! Or are they dummy casings and just for show???

(It would be TOTALLY BA if it fired live rounds... just couldn't take it to any con's... or actually fire it and risk an "explosive" miss-hap...)

I'd buy a drill operated lathe for small projects like this, (and a compressor drill with varying speeds), might spend about $200 on that at the very most, but its worth it.

I am thinking about making a barrel from blackpipe and a body using hangers, wood, bondo, and maybe a cartidge ejector and a real clip for empty shells.

Wait... Tell me if I'm missing something here, but are you actually gonna be firing LIVE ROUNDS!?! Or are they dummy casings and just for show???

(It would be TOTALLY BA if it fired live rounds... just couldn't take it to any con's... or actually fire it and risk an "explosive" miss-hap...)

Its a wooden gun with a wooden clip, no

it wont because i think its illegal in the state of oklahoma to make a gun and plus my bolt action dosnt have a firing pin and my gun wont be able to put a round in the chamber and the barrel isnt hallow.

Sorry for double post but YES I AM MAKING A CAST OF THE GUN because i need money for my drag car and thought id be nice to 405th and make gun. So i need to know what yall think i should sell the gun for i dont want it to be to expensive but i dont want it to be to cheap

it wont because i think its illegal in the state of oklahoma to make a gun and plus my bolt action dosnt have a firing pin and my gun wont be able to put a round in the chamber and the barrel isnt hallow.

lol... Thats what I was thinking... Just saw the pic of the clips and was thinking... "Waaiiiiittttt a min..." Trust me, I'm not stupid... But I have heard of some newer people on here thinking they could pull some... far-out there... builds... lol

I technically could make a gun if I wanted, living where I do, and the location of my house more specifically, no one would care lol, just no into making one unless I get a few donar guns.

Nice build though

Now, by cast, you mean a paper-copy, or an actual injected mold? (if you need help with making injection molds, I can help there)

lol... Thats what I was thinking... Just saw the pic of the clips and was thinking... "Waaiiiiittttt a min..." Trust me, I'm not stupid... But I have heard of some newer people on here thinking they could pull some... far-out there... builds... lol

yay i was wanting it to put a dumy round in the chamber but tht would require a lot of MINNY pieces that would be hard too. and i was wanting the barel to be hallow, and i asked my dad if that was possible and he said yes but it would take a while to do so

I technically could make a gun if I wanted, living where I do, and the location of my house more specifically, no one would care lol, just no into making one unless I get a few donar guns.

Nice build though

Now, by cast, you mean a paper-copy, or an actual injected mold? (if you need help with making injection molds, I can help there)

im not sure what an injection mold is but i do know that im going to use www.smooth-on.com if thats wahat you mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back