worbla custom halo build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work so far, it's nice to see Worbla on here.

For those saying it's expensive, it isn't too bad. There is actually next to no waste because you can heat up scraps and merge them back together. And it's hella versatile when it comes to shaping. Also, cosplaysupplies.com gives free shipping on it (at least to Canada). Now, I have to say, these facts I've given are not from experience, but I've heard them multiple times from various people.

Again, propfreak, nice work. That Iron Man suit looks amazing, makes me want to build one just to have it standing all statuesque in a room, like you've got it.

Good luck, and please do share how you get it so smooth, I still can't seem to find a surefire way that is mentioned anywhere on the interwebz.

I've always wondered how worbla could be used in halo armor. You seem to make it work well. I'm definitely interested how this will turn out.

I have been really interested in worbla as well. But it does seem kind of expensive. How sturdy/ stable is it?

I grabbed a large worbla sheet and was amazed at how sturdy it was. There is another product called wonderflex that is a thermoplastic and very lightweight compared to worbla. Worbla holds its shape amazingly well. I have watched all the tuts I can find and one big thing is using crafting foam under it to get the desired 3d effects. it bumps it up a bit without having to use multi layers of the worbla.

The downsides is that you cannot keep your gear anywhere hot. keeping a helmet made of worbla in the car in Arizona is ill-advised.

But I like the thought of eva foam under it and worbla to harden and shape it out.

I think more people need to get into this and see how well it works... lightweight and easily manipulated... and all scraps can get rolled up into a worbla ball to reuse.

look at nephtis's work, right ontop of papermache'd pepakura. I am impressed...

and excited to see more of it here

Everything is looking spiffy! But can someone tell me what worbla is?

haha... an amazing thermoplastic invention... it is hard until heated,.... then molds and bends and moves where you want it nicely until cool. you can take the scraps and roll them in a ball, roll them out in a line.. and use them for small detail. sticks to itself and other things quite nicely..its an great item that I've had such limited use with.. but fun fun fun....

but yessss.. google is a great resource to check out some stuff that it has been used for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back