Wow resin dries fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisablehero

Hail friends!
My cutting and pasting on the Mk VI is done. It looked sweet even without resin or paint, So kudos to DF4L on unfolding an awesome design. Ive also decided to start an assault rifle too. I'm going to pop up some pics of the Mk VI now. Gimme some feedback folks!

P.S. Noob mistake, Don't mix more than about an ounce of resin at a time if you're using fiberglass resin. It will most likely dry before you can use it all.

100_1910.jpg

100_1933.jpg

100_1934.jpg

Pretty sweet. So, how are you going to harden it after resining? After I resined I mine, it was still kinda flimsy. But yeah man, keep up the good work.

Well you resin the outside and inside, then you add pre cut pieces of fiberglass mat or cloth. I'm gonna use the cloth because its neater. Then you resin overtop the fiberglass. There's some good faqs on it in the forums, or youtube videos.

Ever consider using smoothcast 300? It's surprisingly easy and definitely less time consuming. there's a tutorial on you tube . It's how i reinforced mine. only problem is it may leak if the helmet isn't sealed beforehand with fiberglass resin. If you're interested. There's definitely more control with fiberglassing since it takes a little longer to cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back