Xbox 360 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Ok I just splashed out $1,065.66 on my new 360 and TV. What I really wanted to know is.

What are the odds of this thing getting the "red ring of doom"?

Would the area where I live affect this? Because of the climate, and the UK being cooler.

How much did you dish out for a 360?

Can anyone find a site where I can get the wierless adapter to connect to my router?

What's your dislikes about the 360?

What do you like about the 360?

Thank you for your time.

--smilie120

if you can put the 360 in a place that has a good flow of air, the chances of it overheating are lowered.

which version of the 360 did you get? i have an elite and i havent had any problems. then again, my original 360 that i bought on launch day is still going strong after all this time (i sold it to my friend)

go to the xbox site to order the wireless adapter since you are overseas. or try ebay.

I can't really give you an estimate on the "RROD" problem, as I've never encountered it.
Even though I have a first generation launch version of the 360 I've never encountered any problems with it (people I've talked to deem this a miracle).

I don't really think the climate would affect it, although you never know. I mean; I live in Norway where it's even colder and I've never had one problem :p

Here's a link to the wireless adapter: http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/71975...or/Product.html
I use this myself, and I can vouch for its awesomeness. Lag or disconnection has never been an issue for me, and I've been using it solidly since I got it back in early 06.

What are the odds of this thing getting the "red ring of doom"?
Good ventilation is a winner.

Would the area where I live affect this? Because of the climate, and the UK being cooler.
I very much doubt so. I live in the UK and i havent encountered the problem

How much did you dish out for a 360?
£300 for Halo 3 MJOLNIR 360 and Collectors edition Halo 3

Can anyone find a site where I can get the wierless adapter to connect to my router?
HERE YA GO, BUDDY
£60 my oh my.

What's your dislikes about the 360?
It sounds rather loud when loading at times and had me worried if the ol' girl was alright.

What do you like about the 360?
Halo! The online community, while it has a bad name, isnt so bad after all.It has a great range of games( or...should that be shooters?) unlike my Wii which sadly, is lacking in the games department.

I heard that new shipments of any Xbox 360 after September will have an improved 360 mainly to less likely get the Ring of Death and a new HDMI. Sadly I got my new 360 on August :p Is it true about the HDMI part?

About the HDMI version. They're already available, at least over here. They go under the name "Pro", rather than Premium.

Mobeus said:
About the HDMI version. They're already available, at least over here. They go under the name "Pro", rather than Premium.

I got the "pro" 360 or whatever your talking about. Wats the difference? And I read the you could use any wierless adapter as long as you dont need an instalation disk? I mean the 1 you guys gave me a link to is quite expensive...But if the worst comes to the worst ill get it. As for now im going to look for a bargain :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a laptop with a wi-fi card you could connect through that.
Alternatively you could do a wireless bridge.

Ive had an idea for sometime but, its probably garbage.

If i find a Wirless connection and connect though my laptop then proceed to put a router between my 360 and the laptop, would online play work?

I suspect not but, i wanted to see other peoples opinion.

Eeeerrr i though you only needed the wierless adapter to connect to your 360, so it can connect with the router for online?

smilie120 said:
Eeeerrr i though you only needed the wierless adapter to connect to your 360, so it can connect with the router for online?

That's right.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOT! I have live! im connection it to my router via ethernet for now as a temporary solution, until i can buy the wierless adapter.

I have the Xbox 360 Elite and it has never gotten the red ring of death. If you are worried about it you can buy cooling system that plugs into the back of the 360, they are like $20.

Try not to fall asleep while watching movies, and then leave it on for 6 hours. thats how mine broke. funny thing is, i have a dvd plater right by it that i was too lazy to use. :/

Ok well i have gotten it before. Really its no big deal especially since MS put out a new warranty for like 5 years protection on ROD. Really its no big deal youll be pissed at first and you wine and cry but youll have to send it in. As for some signs i saw when it was comming, your XBOX 360 will start to freeze often and make a loud weird noise when it does. You will get HUGE graphical errors and such, as well as from time to time trouble turning it on. Once you get those signs you should just call up and send it in. Now last time i talked about ROD i went into my livingroom to play right after making fun of somone and BOOOP i got it. But really it should be a minor worry as long as you7 dont leave it on for long periods and DEFINETLY DONT PLAY ON CARPET with it laying on its side. This will cause overheating very fast. Try o if not always keep it standing upward. But if you do play with it on its side make sure you have it in a an open area where heat can flow freely.

See, I'm waiting to get my 360 until the Canadian retailers get with the program and fix their damn prices. I'm sick of being ripped off.

Should happen soon. :p

Heres a stumper question for ya. I just got my box in the mail to ship off my xbox. Well they didnt bother to send the return pre pay sticker for the box. So I went online to look at something and when I sent off for the box, my warranty was in. Now its out of warranty as of 11/13/07 7pm. If I send it in, will they keep it and ill be SOL ? Or will they repair it and send it back. help .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back