Xbox 360 Wireless Internet Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravemind

Jr Member
I have had a Xbox 360 for 3 years. I know it pretty well, but I have only just tried to use it for Live when Halo 3 came out. I have the 360 premium package, which I thought had a built in wireless adapter that would sync up to my house's wireless internet connection. I cant seem to get it to work. I am correct in assuming the premium has a adapter that can feed off my router like a laptop can, right? I am looking foreward to playing online and hope someone has the answer that can help me. I hope to God the answer is that I have to buy an adapter.

it dosnt have built in wireless, the eliet 360 does.. the priemen one you have to but the wireless adapter for it... about 90$ which sucks

So I spent $60 on live and now i need to find another 100 for the adapter? Crap!!
I doubt the those cables will reach my router. Could I plug those cables into my laptop and use its connection?

Problem Solved. I spent $17 at radio shack for a Cat5 connector and 10ft of extra cable. My Xbox is now Live

tserrof said:
it dosnt have built in wireless, the eliet 360 does.. the priemen one you have to but the wireless adapter for it... about 90$ which sucks

Just so you don't go buying an Elite thinking it has a wireless adapter built in, I just thought I'd let you know that it does not. If you don't believe me, just look here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox3...tem/default.htm

It was thought that the elite should have a wireless adapter built in but it is not so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back