Xtreme Tactics' Bravo-21 / Tarkov Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since bondo is not air drying, but with a catalyst instead, in case of cold temperature, use more catalyst.

Here in Canada, I've done bondo in January at -20 celcius, my bondo looked like tomato sauce, but it cured ;)

LastSpartan said:
Since bondo is not air drying, but with a catalyst instead, in case of cold temperature, use more catalyst.

Here in Canada, I've done bondo in January at -20 celcius, my bondo looked like tomato sauce, but it cured ;)

Yeah its 39 here so how much catalyst would i need?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, long time, no update.

I am very pleased to say that in-between my work for the 405th Source, School, and other activities, I am getting back to this project!!!

I have decided to make a mix of the Legacy Effects (We Are ODST-Tarkov) and Weta Workshop version ODST's.

I have been working very hard on the Legacy Effects main chest piece, and can proudly say that it is now ready for paint. But, I decided instead of painting it right away, I would mold it, and sell some casts to any members here who would like one. I will be putting it in the mold tomorrow (pictures tomorrow), and I will be getting my Smooth-cast 300 in sometime next week or the week after to do the first pull.

So, here is the Legacy Effects ODST (Tarkov) version chest piece in all of its glory! (please excuse the poor quality of the pictures)

In the middle of Bondo work:

DSCN1646.jpg

Ready for molding:

DSCN1649.jpg

DSCN1650.jpg

How I made it:

I acquired multiple HD reference images, and began to scratch-pep it. There are no files for what I did. PLEASE don't PM me asking for a pep file. There is no pep file for my work.

I then rondo-glassed the pep part, and began some heavy Bondo work. After Bondo, I did some spot putty work, then added a few coats of primer.

I will be adding the bolts after I have molded the chest piece. the bolts will allow me to secure the chest piece to the ODST under armour vest.

Constructive criticism please!

Outstanding work Jake!

Before you mold it, if you want to get a glass-smooth finish, apply multiple coats of clear coat and wet sand them. The trick is not to sand too much. A good indication is to keep the primer underneath unscratched. But you'll see, it'll be glass-smooth in a second :)

Really great work! What's the width of it by the way?

LastSpartan said:
Outstanding work Jake!

Before you mold it, if you want to get a glass-smooth finish, apply multiple coats of clear coat and wet sand them. The trick is not to sand too much. A good indication is to keep the primer underneath unscratched. But you'll see, it'll be glass-smooth in a second :)

Really great work! What's the width of it by the way?

First off, I'm glad you like it!

Secondly, The width is 15" (38cm), and the height is 8" (20cm).

I'll also try that clear coat+wet sanding thing. I really hope these casts turn out. But, we'll just have to wait until next Friday/the Tuesday after that to find out!

Post in this thread (in the following link) if you would be interested in a cast!

Interest Thread

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments!

I am literally spazing out with excitement because on Thursday I can do my first Pull! I'll post pictures of the mold and the first pull once the pull is pulled, and I have it painted and ready for weathering.

Cheers!

Well everyone, long time no post.

Here are the pictures of the first pull I was supposed to post nearly four months ago.

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg

I’ve gotten back on this project at full swing. After having some more light shine on the elusive Legacy Effects ODST armour, I have decided to completely re-make my ODST chest plate. Because the current 3D models for pepakura are not as accurate as I would have liked, I modeled my own Tarkov Chest Plate in Google Sketch-up 7 and exported it into Pepakura Designer.

Untitled-2.jpg

After peping and experimenting with a brand-new, never-before-used (to my knowledge) pepakura reinforcement method (Tutorial coming soon) I managed to pep and reinforce the chest plate in less then 4 hours. After some quick sanding with some 60 grit sand paper, here is where I am now.

183.jpg

185.jpg

Comparison between the Version 1(bottom) and Version 2 (top) chest plates.

184.jpg

Constructive criticism please!

There is some light bondo/spot putty work and sanding to do before painting.

I’ll be updating again by the end of the weekend with the main chest plate finished, and a few other parts well under way.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back