Xtremenoobs - Halo Infinite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, So the first run of visors have been dyed and now i will be experimenting with the hydro chroming technique.

Big thanks to Justin Branfuhr for the vacuumforming tips.

1.jpg

Hey guys, So the first run of visors have been dyed and now i will be experimenting with the hydro chroming technique.

View attachment 281468
I saw this video a few days ago and thought it was a huge production project from one of the many workshops/companies I am subscribed to, but turns out it was you! You have done an amazing job already, and I cant wait for another update

View attachment 281468
This build is looking great man! I'm really curious how your hydro chroming ventures will be..justin makes it seem like its difficult to get right. He also has mentioned he applies a tinted color of clear coat on the inside before the chroming process. I have 2 of his visors and I can say on corners where the coating flaked off a little from cutting off the main sheet, it seems to me like it's clear coat with the chroming over it. Of course, both of his visors have proven to be very durable and visibility is perfect! I want to start making visors a little too, what are you making your bucks from?

This build is looking great man! I'm really curious how your hydro chroming ventures will be..justin makes it seem like its difficult to get right. He also has mentioned he applies a tinted color of clear coat on the inside before the chroming process. I have 2 of his visors and I can say on corners where the coating flaked off a little from cutting off the main sheet, it seems to me like it's clear coat with the chroming over it. Of course, both of his visors have proven to be very durable and visibility is perfect! I want to start making visors a little too, what are you making your bucks from?

Yeah that's a bit of an issue when painting clear coat over a base that's typically flexible (plastic)

His chroming process is quite magical (and expensive). Many cheap manufacturers of hydro-chroming products have issues with the chrome yellowing overtime, evidently, Justin has mentioned that he found a supplier which did not have this issue.

If the corners are flaking off from where it was cut, I suggest doing a clear coat over them to prevent them from flaking further.

My field of painting only goes as far as industrial work though (One colour, one engine), Daniel has far more experience when it comes down to the small nuisances though as seen in his amazing skills on the needler, ray gun and halo 4 helmets.

Yeah that's a bit of an issue when painting clear coat over a base that's typically flexible (plastic)

His chroming process is quite magical (and expensive). Many cheap manufacturers of hydro-chroming products have issues with the chrome yellowing overtime, evidently, Justin has mentioned that he found a supplier which did not have this issue.

If the corners are flaking off from where it was cut, I suggest doing a clear coat over them to prevent them from flaking further.

My field of painting only goes as far as industrial work though (One colour, one engine), Daniel has far more experience when it comes down to the small nuisances though as seen in his amazing skills on the needler, ray gun and halo 4 helmets.
Yeah I have no issues with my visors flaking by any means, just the last one I got from Branfuhr had a small flake from where he dremel wheel cut it off the sheet. So I of course studied this flake to learn the secret. Of course it is expensive he mentioned. He also did divulge he does some sort of a tinted colored clear coat on the inside to achieve whatever color he wants. Of course I know people have great luck with I-dye and chroming of their choice (alclad II). But nothing beats Justin's visibility. I totally agree with what your saying in terms of a clear coat not being durable to flexing and I've always wondered if it were true, but after studying this small flake and seeing that the petg spot if came off of, it was pretty much clear underneath that, it got me thinking. Once again, I have no issues with my Branfuhr visor, this was just a small spot that flaked up from where he cut it out with. I will say the petg had a slight dyed tint to it where the flake came off, but the color itself seemed to be in a clear coat on the inside that then has the hydro chroming over it of course. I figured, just worth a mention.. he also mentioned it took him 2 years to figure out the process. I've got 3 visors from him now including a custom silver one for an upcoming Kat reach build. I definitely want to start playing with visor chroming as well, just to add to my skill arsenal, not so much to sell.

The chest low poly I am making will be free for the 405th community. It is missing some detail but it will give you guys a base for people to build on. Will be released towards december

View attachment 280400

OH MY GOD DUDE I'VE BEEN DYING FOR SUCH BEAUTIFUL FILES!!!! Literally just finished autoCAD and learning some fusion 360 and blender and I see that you're planning on releasing this for free. Bro you deserve absolute credits for this, can't wait to get this build started already!

Haha you caught me! Well she definitely has been on a break from that from injury. And well she doesnt play halo, but she's a good sport and said she would wear armor! Halo is growing on her.. I caught her humming H2 music the other day.. :lol:
Play "Heavy Price Paid" on loop, or "In Amber Clad" and you just have an urge to boot up the XBox. It's just human nature.

Can you share the 3D model armor? :0

He said a while back saying he wouldn't release the high detail patterns or his own model (those are his and his alone) but he has stated and shown a lower poly version that will be up in the Armoury sometime soon (I hope). If you want to start scaling, grab the H3 files. That is what I did and I am now just waiting on his files to appear and then I'm starting my build. I really hope he releases a low poly helmet, my patterns are an alteration on the H3 file and I am not particularly happy with them but they are a starting point.

They are solid smoothcast 300 ;)

Cheers :D

He said a while back saying he wouldn't release the high detail patterns or his own model (those are his and his alone) but he has stated and shown a lower poly version that will be up in the Armoury sometime soon (I hope). If you want to start scaling, grab the H3 files. That is what I did and I am now just waiting on his files to appear and then I'm starting my build. I really hope he releases a low poly helmet, my patterns are an alteration on the H3 file and I am not particularly happy with them but they are a starting point.

Yup, My day job has been taking up most of my time. I would love to do this full time one day because I still need to unfold the chest and I am new to unfolding... so its a slow learning process, but I do what I can in my free time. ;)

Such a phenomenal build. Really stoked to hear when the kits will be available. I know another friend not on here who would snag one as well.

Xtremenoob, when you modelled the boots, were they close to the FUD design or Halo 3? I have scale tested both but I could never tell for sure what design was mimicked by 343i

Xtremenoob, when you modelled the boots, were they close to the FUD design or Halo 3? I have scale tested both but I could never tell for sure what design was mimicked by 343i

I don't think he has modelled the boots yet.

But in the clip seen in the video game awards, the soles definitely look based on the halo 4/5 iteration with the two protrusions on the side. It still has the package/FUD aspect to it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back