Yet another Jorge WIP (with Pics...;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, has it really been nearly 3 months since my last update?? There has been progress made, but I haven't taken many progress pics. I have most of my armor hardened now, I was saving the chest for last as that is the largest and possibly hardest to get right. I used a combination of rondo and traditional fiberglassing to harden the pieces depending on the complexity of the piece. I'm at work right now, so sorry, no pics yet but I will update this post tomorrow with the pics.

Update!! This time with pics...;-)

Ok guys, here are the pics as promised...(don't know why I couldn't edit my last post to add them...

Starting from the bottom and working up...
HaloArmor001.jpg

HaloArmor003.jpg

HaloArmor002.jpg

HaloArmor004.jpg

HaloArmor005.jpg

HaloArmor006.jpg

Not very happy how this turned out, may end up as a rebuild...;-(
HaloArmor007.jpg

HaloArmor008.jpg

HaloArmor009.jpg

HaloArmor010.jpg

Featured to the left in this pic is my fuel of choice...Hot, black coffee...YUM
HaloArmor011.jpg

HaloArmor012.jpg

HaloArmor013.jpg

HaloArmor014.jpg

I have alot of cleanup to do in the smoothing stage, but this is called a WIP afterall...
Thanks for checking my work out and as always, comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome.
Keep building 405th!!

Update, part 2

Sorry about the double post, but the forum only allows 15 pics per post.
Here are some pics about the details of the hardening process I used...

The inside of the helmet. I have some more pouring to do, mostly around the faceplate area. Not sure if I need to smooth out the inside a bit or not. It will be lined with foam for comfort, and possibly a motorcycle helmet liner.

HaloArmor015.jpg

The small detail area inside the upper arm piece, too much detail to want to have to fiberglass that area.
HaloArmor016.jpg

Small detail area inside the thigh pieces, again, too much detail for glassing to work well.
HaloArmor017.jpg

My least satisfying work so far...seriously considering scrapping it for foam.
HaloArmor018.jpg

Inside of the gauntlet, I'm thinking I need a bit more rondo in there for smoothness, but it's very firm now. Thinking the warpage might come out with a lil heat and gentle persuasion. Anyone know if that will work?
HaloArmor019.jpg

Top edge of the buttplate, again, just too hard to get in there with f-glass.
HaloArmor020.jpg

And last but not least, for now, the inside of the shins. I think I could have gotten it glassed ok, but I guess I was wanting more rondo practice.
HaloArmor021.jpg

Again, thanks for watching, and as always comments, questions, and suggestions are always welcome.
Keep building 405th!!!

Looking good! I'm also building a set of Jorge's armor, and his gun as well >:) It won't be the same as his entirely, because I had different ideas XD But it'll most definitely look like it. But it sounds like we're kinda building the same thing more or less! I'm definitely going to keep checking up on your progress. Your peps look outstanding, by the way! I can't wait to see the finished build!

It looks great, i like the hole in the crotch....piece. Lol kinda get what you're trying to do with that (battle dammage, right)

Actually, it's going to have a drain screen insert, just for additional detail...LOL
(That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...;-)

Thanks alot Thorn, your kit is awesome. Hopefully mine will come close to that level. By the way, have you made a helm for your kit yet?

Thanks alot Thorn, your kit is awesome. Hopefully mine will come close to that level. By the way, have you made a helm for your kit yet?

Thanks, As to the helmet....I'm cutting on it right now. I should be folding and gluing next week end.

You're build has been doing well, it just takes allot of time my friend. I've been working on mine for over a year now. So just keep hammering out the pieces and you'll have you're own piece art. :cool

@ Thorn - Thanks man, I know it is a labor of love that won't happen over night. I have to constantly remind myself to be patient. I didn't mean to insinuate anything with my question about the helm, I just didn't see anything in your armor thread about one. I didn't know if you already featured it in another thread. Glad to hear it's in the works. Is it an ODST helm?

@eliteslayer - It's my own model. I made one as I couldn't find one either. I'll post it if you're interested. But fair warning, I didn't post it before because it's my first model and I'm not very happy with it and it isn't very accurate. I had to make several modifications to it as I was building it, with several more to make while I'm smoothing and detailing it.

By the way, when making the helmet, when is the best time to cut out the opening for the faceplate? I've been considering cutting it out before I start to smooth it so I can get the opening smooth and a uniform thickness before I try to mount the faceplate.

@ Thorn - Thanks man, I know it is a labor of love that won't happen over night. I have to constantly remind myself to be patient. I didn't mean to insinuate anything with my question about the helm, I just didn't see anything in your armor thread about one. I didn't know if you already featured it in another thread. Glad to hear it's in the works. Is it an ODST helm?

I'll be doing the Mark V(B). As for the question....No sweat, I didn't take it that way. :D
But this isn't about my build it's about you'res... and it's looking great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back