You Guys See This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I care not for your little life!"

Man the Arbiter in Halo Wars is awesome. XD Wonder if you'd be able to get him on the Covenant side, and fighting against the flood in the RTS style? That'll be fun for sure! Can't wait for it's release! =D Too bad though seeing how it's going to Ensemble's last game because Microsoft is going to absorb them after Halo Wars is released... T.T

Skyman said:
man i wish they had a PC version for this game.

me2, I'm gonna have to wait until it comes out on PC cuz I cannot stand RTS play on a console! There simply is no point. But this is pretty sweet so far, like Age of Empires 4: Halo Edition!

Last edited by a moderator:
looks amazing but i can't help thinking of star craft every time i see it. they're so similar.

humans are terrans, the covenant are the technologically superior protoss, and the flood are the zerg..

i can already sense a smashed controller coming from fighting the flood in RTS style.. i never did well against the zerg with anything else except other zerg units.

Jason 'Biff' H said:
i can already sense a smashed controller coming from fighting the flood in RTS style.. i never did well against the zerg with anything else except other zerg units.

Looks like you should get some extra controllers, cause I see the same thing happening to me! :lol:

Jason 'Biff' H said:
looks amazing but i can't help thinking of star craft every time i see it. they're so similar.

humans are terrans, the covenant are the technologically superior protoss, and the flood are the zerg..

You needed the ultimate defense then. Two lines of 3 siege tanks with a bunker on either side filled with marines for any zerg that got too close for the siege tanks. Also, a missile tower on either side. This worked best when you had a bottle neck in the landscape of course. The first line of tanks always fired first weakening or killing most anything. The next line would finish off what the first line couldn't. The marines would be there primarily for any units too fast for the tanks to target and some support for the anti-air turrents.

I always did this while a massing a fleet of battle cruisers. I took my time in campaign mode, and played multiplayer very few times cause it was always about the base rushes.

I'll probably do something similar in Halo Wars if I can.

sounds like you have quite the strategy Magnum. So in Halo wars, you'll probably have a group of scorpions, bunkers of UNSC marines or ODST's, fixed missile launcher placements, then amass a group of spartans :).

I'll have to try out your strategy though, sounds like it'd work really well.

xalener said:
Well, it IS an RTS...
What? Is Half life suddenly a rip off of Doom Now?

No.

But just look at it.

It's so close, it isn't even funny... I can just hear on a online match someone shouting: "Zerglings Ho!!" And me being swamped with infection forms. Bah, doesn't matter, I'm just in it for the storyline, even though I can't see where the Flood fit in, but if I want something unique I have End War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back