Zanza's Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanza

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and show off a bit of what i've done so far.
In fact, I have been trolling this forum for several months now and finally decided to join in the fun on this site. I found the 405th back in September or November of last year and almost immediately started to build FS's HD helmet.

This is the result
MkVI-helmet.jpg

Not long after finishing that i started the HD chest plate also
chestback.jpg

It wasn't until i got home for the summer that i started to 'glass the various pieces that i had made.
and the rest, as they say, is history so far.
Helmet20.jpg

MClook.jpg

lookslikeahelmet-side.jpg

lookslikeahelmet-back.jpg

Any questions, comments, hints, tips, tricks, suggestions, criticisms are completely welcome and thanks for taking a look

lookslikeahelmet.jpg

Howdy! Welcome to the 405th! Your armor looks amazing so far, I can't wait to see the final product. Is that your first set you've ever done?

First post, and you have that done?!

Beautiful work. Absolutely beautiful.

I call for molding! Here, here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a wee bit too small for you and the green coloring is off (but who am I to speak on weird coloring :p ) but never the less, great helmet so far. Welcome to the 405th.

Cheers,
Kensai

Thanks a lot guys :D And yes, this is the first set of armor that i have made ever. I still have a couple of more things to do to the helmet still, I just need to find the LED's and some fans and install them.

Currently, I'm working on finishing the chest piece and the hand plates. I should have a large pic update sometime tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

Also, I have a question about the FS chest plate. How would you suggest attaching the free floating piece that covers the bottom of the rib cage?

:not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

Hey bro, from one bearded dude to another...

If you can see your beard from below the bottom of your helmet..then your helmet is too small..or you need to trim your beard.

I'm thinking..you need to scale your helmet a little bigger, I can see your beard/chin in that one pic with you wearing your helmet.

I know it's not what you wanna hear, but you don't want too small of a helmet in contrast to your armor, and you don't want the bobblehead effect (with a big helmet) against your armor.

- Darke

Amazing job so far. I am glad to see a member who has actually started something before they even joined. I also commend you for going for a HD set as your first armor build. Personally I am doing a MK V, but that is mostly because I love the armor's style. xD I wish you luck.

- Adulese

Unless it's just the way the helmet is on your head in the pictures, it is too small. it looks awesome, and so soooooo smooooooth, but, too small.

The "floating" piece you are talking about should not be attached to the breastplate (I think), but to the undersuit.

I think in that pic where im wearing the helmet it rolled back a little bit so my chin popped out from underneath. Plus, once i get a neck seal and an undersuit to go with it, it should fix at least part of that problem.

I think the scale i used for the helmet was the standard scale that was given with the file.

And sadly, i already shaved off the beard.....

And thanks for the tip on that floating piece Tater

About seeing your chin i had the same problem with my H2 odst helm but i'll i had to do was take out some padding and put thinner stuff in.

Once again i would post pics but my camera is broken :mad:

And very nice work.

-poko

nice helmet and chest, im gonna start on my pep armor soon and was wondering what the visor was made of,again very nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back