Ze's Cardboard/Resin Armor. [HELMET FLATNESS UPDATE] I FIXED IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty awesome. The top looks a bit flat though, was it because you didn't have enough materials or because it would be too big if it was any larger? Or a whole different reason altogether?

Gunnz777 said:
Looks pretty awesome. The top looks a bit flat though, was it because you didn't have enough materials or because it would be too big if it was any larger? Or a whole different reason altogether?
yeah ive noticed the flatness too.
It's hard to make cardboard round xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. I've been looking around here for some time but just registered. Anyway compared to the other pictures I've seen of cardboard armor, this is one of the best. Can't wait to see it finished!

Amazing work man, I do however see the same tendencies that cardboard helmets tend to have.
Like others have mentioned, the top seems a tad flat. In addition; when you look at it from a side view, you'll see that it also seems like the back of it abruptly ends where it should have carried out a little bit further.

I did this really quickly in Photoshop to give some idea of what I mean:
helmetkb5.png

Compare that to the original:
helmet1ra4.png

You can always fix that fact that it looks flat. Once it gets fiberglassed you can always round it out by sanding.

Great job!!!

I also have to start me up one of those... I just hope it doesn't turn out like most of the cardboard weapons I see here... I mean no offence though. I just don't know how to say that without sounding rude.

So your trying to say my MA5C's bad?

GREAT Ar Smilie!

Can you post progress pics!?

Umm i already have its in the weapons and props topic here:
Smilie120's AR

AND@ Ze royal viking. Thats is CRAZY AWSOME CARZY! Thats the best cardboar helmet ive EVER seen! I know how hard it is to build that stuff and belive me its harder than you guys think, Kudos man!

smilie120 said:
So your trying to say my MA5C's bad?

WHAT?! Heck no! Yours is the best cardboard one I've seen. I'm saying you've inspired me to make one. Anyone who says your AR is bad, is blind.

That's awesome, dude. And in only two days?

i'm not sure about plaster, but you can get fiberglass and resin at wal-mart for about 20 dollars I think. I'm not quite sure what resin does with cardboard though..

Are you going to make a full suit?

I did it in about 2 days yeah.

I started Saturday and only worked on it for a couple hours, the WHOLE day sunday and another few hours yesterday.
So It's actually about 1 1/2 days xD

I'm not planning on making a full suit before Halloween. But I'll probally work on one eventually when I have time. And when you say at Walmart, litterally AT WALMART like doing it there? lol

Sorry for bumping and double posting, but I just really need suggestions.
So... I'm going to put some stucco on the edges where i've glued cardboard together, and then sand it.
Should I use stucco? I already have a container of it. Or should I go out and buy spackle?

Ze Royal Viking said:
Sorry for bumping and double posting, but I just really need suggestions.
So... I'm going to put some stucco on the edges where i've glued cardboard together, and then sand it.
Should I use stucco? I already have a container of it. Or should I go out and buy spackle?

nice job on the helmet
well i used spackle on mine and it turned out alright so far.

10-01-07_2051.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back