Ze's Cardboard/Resin Armor. [HELMET FLATNESS UPDATE] I FIXED IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FuncootForever said:
Hmm, sounds interesting. Do you think it would work well on pepakura?
That's what he did though? Isn't it Murakumo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobeus said:
I'm not saying it isn't, I just thought it was Pepakura.. >.>
Yeah thats cardboard I believe, check out the pictures on the first page. Damn I can't believe thats cardboard... o_O

EDIT: Never mind I just realized. Sorry, boy was I dumb. :p

FuncootForever said:
Yeah thats cardboard I believe, check out the pictures on the first page. Damn I can't believe thats cardboard... o_O
Wait, wha?
Murakumo's helmet or Royal Viking's?

EDIT: Seems like we all got a tad confused there x)

Ze Royal Viking said:
Haha. I'm a beginner too o_O
But thanks to the Blue Realm Studios site, there was some great reference pics!
:)

Blue Realm. Could I get a link please?

Lol! Just ran out of duct tape for my boots.

VFox

Viperfox said:
Blue Realm. Could I get a link please?

Lol! Just ran out of duct tape for my boots.

VFox
Duct Tape and fiber glass do not mix. Or is it resin. Well either way they don't. Use electrical tape.

Yikes. Stucco is really heavy. It also dries really slow D:(maybe its because I left it out at night xD).
My helmet was upside down because I applied it on the jaw first so the crown part of my helmet's cardboard bent a little bit. :/
It's been almost 12 hours and it's still not fully dried. I might go and get some spackle today.

fricken sweet, I just started my pepakura helm, gotta wait for my parents to get home before I start putting the parts together though. They are better with hot glue.

All of these cardboard gods on this site are making me want to do something with cardboard :/

Guys i'd just like to announce I am making the full suit! I'm not sure if I'll be done by halloween, but here's what I've done so far. Almost halfway done with the chestplate model.

aw6nub.png

Sexy?

The MC helmet looks a bit rough yes, and that's not going to be the color of it. I was just experimenting with the paint. I'm going to be sanding a lot of the stucco I've used on it and continue to put spackle on it.

FuncootForever said:
Duct Tape and fiber glass do not mix. Or is it resin. Well either way they don't. Use electrical tape.

I'm not using fiberglass. And you didn't answer the question.

Woah, that's a good helmet. I'm not sure I will be done my costume by Halloween either.

-VF

drgon47 said:
Thats looking fantastic Ze! Truly a cardboard master piece.
Thank you :D
It's going to be a challenge to make the back of the chestplace accurate. SOO Much detail D:

Ze Royal Viking said:
Guys i'd just like to announce I am making the full suit! I'm not sure if I'll be done by halloween, but here's what I've done so far. Almost halfway done with the chestplate model.

aw6nub.png

Sexy?

The MC helmet looks a bit rough yes, and that's not going to be the color of it. I was just experimenting with the paint. I'm going to be sanding a lot of the stucco I've used on it and continue to put spackle on it.
OMFG!!! A cardboard guy like me!!! Awesome stuff!! Although i'm only good with making weapons(pics will be posted soon). I've never tried making a suit.......yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back