Zyclone's Pepakura Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eyehole! Zyclone, IMHO, you should be the first underwater Spartan and install a periscope.

In seriousness, looking good so far!

Thanks MacAttack! Anyway, I am thinking about using Paper-Mache instead of fiberglass, since i am, well..., broke.
So, im gonna buy some glue, and post some pics up soon. Thanks again MacAttack64!

OK, so i bought myself glue, and 2 colours of paint.
I will add papier mache first, and then sand, and then add a silver undercoat, and add some salt to some spots to create wheathering,
then add a blue overcoat, and remove salt. Will hopefully look pretty nice.......... HOPEFULLY

OK, so i kindof messed up a little, so i had to replace some pieces of the helmet, and spray it with a sealant, to prevent the cardstock from soaking in the glue
from the papier mache. Therefore, i was delayed, and cant start papier maching until tomorrow. :mad:

FirePhoenix NL said:
( Insert Quake voice here) Tripple post ^^
hahahahahaha, "post-tacular"

i would go the paper mache route ether but i wouldnt reay advise agenst it ether, you can get a supprising amount of detail out of it if youve got the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paper mache works surprisingly well if you're patient. The biggest problem with it is the lines from the strips of paper not blending well. My paper mache helmet thread is in my signature if you're interested in looking, ODST helmet was just mache, the green and pink helmets got a layer of spackle. The spackle works very well in covering the strip lines.

And make sure you do plenty of layers, the 4th helmet my wife and I did was a wicked rush job and the helmet twisted like crazy. I recommend 2 full layers outside, 2 full layers inside, and 1 more layer on the inside just around the bottom ring of the helmet.

Good luck!

Well, I'm not short of time in ANY way, SO im doing the Papier Mache.
Have just started on the outside, and i will do the inside on sunday.

EDIT: WoW! The sealant REALLY increased the strenght of the paper.... cooool! So, ive completed 1 of the outer layers... pics coming when itss all done.

Noone seems to have a pepakura file of an SMG with an open stock...
Can anyone find one for me? I was thinking of making one to go with the helmet...
(1st outer layer is still drying...)

Zyclone said:
Noone seems to have a pepakura file of an SMG with an open stock...
Can anyone find one for me? I was thinking of making one to go with the helmet...
(1st outer layer is still drying...)
Did you check the Pepakura Download database or the Weapons and Props part of the forum?

I do seem to recall I've seen a pep-file of an SMG somewhere...

I looked everywhere, but all I could find was a broken SMG link in the download databas...
(making 1st inner layer now.... 1st outer layer is pretty much dry.

What kind of sealant are you using? Looks good so far. Good folds too. I might papier mache as well, as fiberglass is too dangerous and expensive for a teenager, according to my dad.

The last time I used paper-mache was about...22 years ago? :lol:

But what I recall of the paste we used, that it was a very watery substance, dries pretty fast and it kind of coagulates (ie. clutters) when left to dry in it's container without a lid. I remember we had to make a mask over an inflated balloon and when properly dried and painted, you could walk around in the rain with it.

I can't remember the name of that particular kind/brand of glue (who the heck remembers THAT at age 6).

I am using a spray lacquer, called 311. It is made in Finland.
For papier mache u use wallpaper glue.
SMG anyone?

(Yeah, fiberglass is DANGEROUS. U can get lung cancer from it.)

Timmy2guns said:
Oh no!!
DOUBLE POST
TRIPLE POST
OVER POST
POSTTACULAR
???
POSTAMANJARO!
Dude lay off... Saying that is unnecessary and non-sense...

I think you helmet should come out just fine... I believe some1 else also used paper mache... I'll have to look sometime...

Macattack64 said:
Dude lay off... Saying that is unnecessary and non-sense...

I think you helmet should come out just fine... I believe some1 else also used paper mache... I'll have to look sometime...

That's what she said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back