A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are the three locusts helmets that are in the picture below.
They just need to be unfolded.

GOW3locusthelmetref.jpg

Actually, here is a link to the Beast Rider helmet, also called the 'Locust Horn' helmet, the one on the right in that image. It is made by Jakkrit and unfolded my Satchmo III.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I failed to remember that he wanted the Miner helmet, not the Beast Rider's. Sorry about that, but the link still stands if anyone wants the Beast Rider helmet.

how do .obj files work?

Basically they open in Pepakura Designer, its the file format that they are exported out of 3DS Max. After they are unfolded,then they will be in a .pdo format.

Actually, here is a link to the Beast Rider helmet, also called the 'Locust Horn' helmet, the one on the right in that image. It is made by Jakkrit and unfolded my Satchmo III.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I failed to remember that he wanted the Miner helmet, not the Beast Rider's. Sorry about that, but the link still stands if anyone wants the Beast Rider helmet.

Yeah, I know someone made one, I don't believe it was Jakkrit, he could have ripped it. But this is out of the game, the one that was made before was made from "scratch."

Yeah, I know someone made one, I don't believe it was Jakkrit, he could have ripped it. But this is out of the game, the one that was made before was made from "scratch."

As far as the Locust Horn helmet as I called it (or Beast Rider as I understand it's called in the game): I modeled the one I unfolded using only the image showing those three helmets as a reference. After looking at the game-ripped model I think I did pretty well.

As far as the Locust Horn helmet as I called it (or Beast Rider as I understand it's called in the game): I modeled the one I unfolded using only the image showing those three helmets as a reference. After looking at the game-ripped model I think I did pretty well.

Your's is really dang good, I had to laugh when i looked at your's again because, your's actually has MORE detail in it that the game model.

Hey guys, I'm here to bring you the Locust Drone helmet, I believe it was modeled by Satchmo III, but I'm not 100% sure so I'll be editing the file later to include the modeler's name. Until then, I have just put it as me not knowing the creator as of yet...

Anyway, without further adieu, the Locust Drone Helmet!

The parts aren't laid out in any specific order, because it is four AM and I've been awake since 7 AM yesterday... If need be, I can go back in and re-lay the pieces to make it easier, please let me know if they are a problem as of this version.

Ah, I apologize then. I thought since you'd modeled the Beast Rider helmet you might have modeled the other two as well. Thank you for telling me that before I had updated the file to say it was you who made it, that would have been embarrassing.

I have but one last question about it, did you rip it yourself bigjohn, or did you merely upload the file?

Just wanted to clear something up. The "horn helmet" pictured with the spotter and miner helmet is not the beast rider helmet, it's the hunter helmet, the beast rider's helmet has a glowing line down the middle, no chin strap, and no "eye" holes. Trust me, i know the deference, the Hunter has been my locust of choice in multiplayer for the past 6 months.

Ah, I apologize then. I thought since you'd modeled the Beast Rider helmet you might have modeled the other two as well. Thank you for telling me that before I had updated the file to say it was you who made it, that would have been embarrassing.

I have but one last question about it, did you rip it yourself bigjohn, or did you merely upload the file?

Yes I did rip them myself.

*UPDATE*
If anyone wants, I can get pictures of the armor textures if someone wants to use them as a foam build guide. Seeing as the COG armor is sectioned, It should, in theory, make it prettyy easy to make templates out of.

Hey guys!

Some great stuff going on in here so far!

So I was wondering has anyone done a sliced Lancer? If not does anyone know if there are some blueprints out there with the specs?

I'm working on trying to build my own sliced version but I figured instead of giving myself a headache trying to create my own template i would ask first!

Any helpful news you guys have would be great!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back