A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haruyou: I posted this link prior. The retro lancer pep file is in it. (unsure if your doing the lancer build though). 40 pages to make the build. unless you are building out of wood etc for sliced templates. i was too lazy to make one.

Oh geez! Thank you. What do you mean 'Lancer build'? Also, I see there's no knife. I assume it's easy enough to make one?

It it easer to make out of wood?...

I believe he means the Chainsaw Lancer as opposed to the Retro Lancer. And a bayonet should be easy enough to make by hand from wood, although I'm not sure about making the whole gun that way.

Solid lines mean cut, my friend. The air vents on the barrel shroud are what I believe you are referring to, if so, yes, you cut those out.

I've just gotten started on 'pepping' my Retro Lancer. I've been doing a bit of searching, and I've heard that pepping a gun is a terrible idea. Any tips to make it look good?

I've just gotten started on 'pepping' my Retro Lancer. I've been doing a bit of searching, and I've heard that pepping a gun is a terrible idea. Any tips to make it look good?

Uh, the only thing I can think of is, build it, realize it sucks, throw it away and buy one online. Just Kidding. In all seriousness, I've never attempted a weapons build... yet. But I think the way to go is not pepping it, but "scratch" build it. Use a combo of foam and materials around the house. I plan on making a sawed-off shotty like Propcutomz made a while back, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make a torque bow.

Uh, the only thing I can think of is, build it, realize it sucks, throw it away and buy one online. Just Kidding. In all seriousness, I've never attempted a weapons build... yet. But I think the way to go is not pepping it, but "scratch" build it. Use a combo of foam and materials around the house. I plan on making a sawed-off shotty like Propcutomz made a while back, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make a torque bow.

Is there a guide to build it that way...?

i know people have asked before but is there anyway to put together a zip file with all the gears files like the halo one we have

Ok, so it's been a looooooong while since I've come back to this thread, but after a bit of hunting, I've located a collection of Gears files, mostly characters, that include Adam Fenix, Thrashball Cole, Mechanic Baird, and Trucker Dizzy! It's a two-part zip, consisiting of both Cog and Locust, and i'll post it under my 4shared soon.
Unfortunately, I didn't find anything mentioning Valera, Barrick, or Tai.

But, I will provide a link, good hunting.

EDIT:

All models are in psk format, plus or minus a few other file types per character.

LINK!!!

http://www.4shared.com/rar/HcuUdWaQ/GOW3_p1.html
http://www.4shared.com/zip/qt3EW4C1/GOW3_p2.html

Oash-Koash, out.

Ok, so it's been a looooooong while since I've come back to this thread, but after a bit of hunting, I've located a collection of Gears files, mostly characters, that include Adam Fenix, Thrashball Cole, Mechanic Baird, and Trucker Dizzy! It's a two-part zip, consisiting of both Cog and Locust, and i'll post it under my 4shared soon.
Unfortunately, I didn't find anything mentioning Valera, Barrick, or Tai.

But, I will provide a link, good hunting.

EDIT:

All models are in psk format, plus or minus a few other file types per character.

LINK!!!

http://www.4shared.com/rar/HcuUdWaQ/GOW3_p1.html
http://www.4shared.com/zip/qt3EW4C1/GOW3_p2.html

Oash-Koash, out.

I have all the same files on my pc, I've been meaning to export them into .obj file so they can be unfolded. Sometime this week I'll upload them.

I have all the same files on my pc, I've been meaning to export them into .obj file so they can be unfolded. Sometime this week I'll upload them.

bigjohn9397, I remember you mentioning that Jakkrit has left you as custodian of this thread. If you and koshima/others are compiling all the Gears of War models contained in this thread (or elsewhere) it might be worth your while to contact Ruze789 to see if he'd allow you to edit the first post so you could organize the content in one spot or identify a link to a zip folder. If it's in the first post you can update it however often you are willing to and then create new posts to direct other members to the updated first post. Just a thought...I think something along these lines could cut a lot of the requests for models that are buried in the many posts of this thread. Thanks for working to organize things. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Hey, I know this isn't a reference thread, but does anyone have some good ones for Baird's goggles? I don't currently have the ability to play Gears to get them myself, and after three hours searching, I couldn't find any good ones for Gears of War 3's Baird- plenty of Gears2 Baird, but that's not the model I'm being paid to make... Thanks for any help, guys.

Agreed! Propcustomz sets the bench! Loving the retro signature bigjohn. Hey mate I got the photos up on my thread. Alternatively click on my carmine link in my signature. Keep it ripping!

So I talked to Ruze789 and he said I can't change the first post but he will post a link on the first post to this post where I'll compile all the pepakura files that have been released thus far. Don't freak out if the file you want isn't up yet. I'm going to be working on compiling this list throughout the week.

The list has been updated with the Goggles unfolded by Kyre
Now updated with Hoffman's Armor.

Gears of War 3 Files
Marcus Fenix:
Chest (Needs Unfolding)
Shoe Covers (Needs Unfolding)
Shins (Needs Unfolding)
Belt (Needs Unfolding)

Dom Santiago:
Dom Torso (Unfolded by Nightwolf98)
Shins (Needs Unfolding)

Damon Baird:
Chest
Shins (Needs Unfolding)
"Scaled" Shins (Needs Unfolding)
Tools (Needs Unfolding)
Baird Tools (Unfolded by Nightwolf98)
Goggles

Clayton Carmine/Augustus Cole:
Helmet
Chest
Shins
"Scaled" Shins
Boots
Recruit Clayton Carmine Helmet

Chairman Prescott:
Chest (Not Unfolded)
Chest (Unfolded by k_kid4life)
Shins (Not Unfolded)
Shins (Unfolded by Nightwolf98)
Boots (Needs Unfolded)
Shoes (Unfolded by Nightwolf98)

Dizzy Wallin:
Chest (Needs Unfolding)
Boots (Needs Unfolding)

Anya Stroud:
Chest
Anya Belt & Hip plates (Unfolded by Kyre)
Boots (Needs Unfolding)

Anthony/Ben Carmine [COG Armor]
Belt
Knee Pads
Spaulders

Victor Hoffman:
Chest (Needs Unfolding)
Shin (Needs Unfolding)

Michael Barrick
Barrick Torso (Needs Unfolding)
Barrick Gauntlet [R] (Needs Unfolding)
Barrick Shin [R] (Needs Unfolding)
Barrick Knife (Not Unfolded)
Barrick Knife (Unfolded by Bigjohn9397)

COG Soldier
COG Helmet

Holiday Helmets:
Easter Helmet (Needs Unfolding)
Halloween Helmet (Needs Unfolding)
Holiday Helmet (Needs Unfolding)
St. Patty's Helmet (Needs Unfolding)
Valentine Helmet (Needs Unfolding)

Locust Files:
Miner Helmet (Unfolded by Kyre)
Hunter Helmet (Needs Unfolding)

Theron/RAAM
Theron/RAAM Armor (Needs Unfolding)
Theron/RAAm Left Shoulder (Needs Unfolding)
Theron/RAAM Left Shin (Needs Unfolding)
Theron/RAAM Left Gauntlet (Needs Unfolding)
Theron/RAAM Left Boot Cover (Needs Unfolding)
RAAM's Troika (Needs Unfolding)
Theron Helmet [V.1] (Unfolded by SatchmoIII)
Theron Helmet [V.2] (Unfolded by SatchmoIII)
Elite Theron Helmet (Unfolded by BigJohn9397

Savage Grenadier
Head Piece (Needs Unfolding)
Arm (Needs Unfolding)
Boots (Needs Unfolding)

I grabbed all of those that need unfolding, and will be doing so over the course of the next couple weeks(there's a lot of them haha!) but I figured since I already have Baird's goggles unfolded, I would post the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/e0u1P5Vd/Baird_Goggles.html The parts for the strap are above and to the left, I thought I'd lay them out so they can be easily moved back to the pages, but at the same time, a rigid headband didn't seem like a good idea, so I moved them off the pages.

I'm able to use Milkshape to re-export the models into OBJ format, but I'm keeping an eye out for particular models, like Recruit Clayton's helmet and those of the locust, as they show up as static meshes, or pskx

If Gaaramasa's still out there, maybe he could give us some insight on how to convert them into, or export them, rather, into obj as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back