Adventurecon 2008 - June 13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronin said:
Sounds like the word is getting out!! I am working like crazy to get my completed!! As far as cooling I am putting dual fans in my helmet. I hope this is enough to keep my noggin cool! I don't have a cooling unit for my armor though, guess I will have to tough it out! :cry:

kensai111 What time are going to be there?

@des0lat3 I hope you can be there! I agree with kensai111 the 501st are ALWAYS the BIG show!

I'll be there from Friday 2 or 3pm - ? and Saturday 2pm - ?

des0lat3 said:
well i want to go down friday afternoon but it may be saturday morning.. i havent decided yet.. i can pm you my cell phone number or something and we can meet up when i get there and we can enter together in suit.. are you staying at the Holiday Inn next door..? i am part of the 501st so i may hang out with them a bit.. they are a big part of this con..

I live in Gatlinburg,TN so I'm just going to drive down each day, its only like an hour+ drive for me so *shrugs*. Sure hit me up with your cell I'll gladly give you guys a call and we can try to atleast all 3 enter together. I'm 501st as well, canon Darth Maul for the last 2 years. It'll still be nice to surprise them with some chiefage. This will be the first year a MJOLNIR appears at AdventureCon.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
Like kesai111 its only about a hour drive for me. I dont know if I will be there Friday (undecided) but Sat I will there around lunch(as of right now). I'm not in the 501st :( always wanted to be, maybe one day. Pm cel numbers sounds good!

@kensai111 Darth Maul rocks!! I started to make one for Star Wars Celebration 3 , but ended up making a Jedi outfit.

sounds good.. once i get back home i will Pm you guys my cell.. i am working on some new feet for my suit today.. well i hope you guys have a safe trip i will be driveing for right around 4 1/2 hours to get there friday.. i should be there around 4ish 5 ish..

Cool deal guys, I'll hit you guys with my cell as well. If you're wanting to enter the costume contest it's at 4pm on Saturday. You have to be registered by 3 I believe.

Cheers,
Kensai

Good news...got the phoenix emblem sewed on today. Man that was annoying XD but it turned out good.

Gonna sew the sash tonight.

I think my plan is to get there on Saturday @ 2.

:)

How's the progress going, Dark?

Kensai, you're getting your nice automotive paint job today right? :)

Vexona said:
How's the progress going, Dark?

Kensai, you're getting your nice automotive paint job today right? :)

Yes m'am, check out the progress thread in the noob forum. I'm priming it as we speak. :D

Ronin, you still alive man, c'mon we're both close don't die on me now soldier! :)

Oh, and when the 405h does get formed, *cough* *points to sig* you guys are all TN locals.. I drew up some designs and I got some shoulder decals lingering around.. we should talk :D

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
Yes m'am, check out the progress thread in the noob forum. I'm priming it as we speak. :D

Ronin, you still alive man, c'mon we're both close don't die on me now soldier! :)

Oh, and when the 405h does get formed, *cough* *points to sig* you guys are all TN locals.. I drew up some designs and I got some shoulder decals lingering around.. we should talk :D

Cheers,
Kensai
Problem with the decals is I already have them on both shoulders.I might be able to though. I'm ver close to being done with the pep. But rushing like this made my shoes wonky. And my size is causing problems with my waist piece.

I could maybe go because I live right in Nashville so It's pretty dang close. I could throw togather an CoD4 suit with my respirator.

kerotan 36 said:
I could maybe go because I live right in Nashville so It's pretty dang close. I could throw togather an CoD4 suit with my respirator.
It'd be cool to have you there. Your 14 right? You could be in the costume contest with me.

The more the merrier. If you see us in armor be sure to stop in and say hi and let us know who you are from the forums. I'd like to meet you all :)

Oh also is anyone else interested in visiting the children's hospital next door while AdventureCon is going on this weekend? I'm planning on stopping in and brighten up the kids day :)

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
The more the merrier. If you see us in armor be sure to stop in and say hi and let us know who you are from the forums. I'd like to meet you all :)

Oh also is anyone else interested in visiting the children's hospital next door while AdventureCon is going on this weekend? I'm planning on stopping in and brighten up the kids day :)

Cheers,
Kensai
I dunno do we have permission to go? I might be able to go I'd have to ask my parents.

Update: Okies guys.. I WONT be the yellow one there.. I'm some freakish mix of techno lime green and bright yellow with pearlized swirls. Now if only I can get my LED's to strobe I think my armor is ready for a rave party. Needless to say this was an unexpected mishap... but oddly it's very cool looking.

Cheers,
Kensai

I'm still here!! Work, work, still like finishing up the calves and add some strapping!! At this point my wife thinks I'm crazy....utill she seen some finished pieces! I will be working on mine up to Friday, but I will be done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back