Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic work so far got a few Q's how will the boot function?are you going to cutout the sole area for a boot or shoe?
I see you hinged the ankle area what about the toe/ball of feet area(if you keep the foam sole).
Lastly, what type of bits are you using for details.Thanks and keep up with excellent work.

why make a boot that you have to fit over another boot? Why not make the foam boot - wearable? lol. I had this idea a while ago - and the foam feels better on socked feet then a hot ol' boot lol.

but yea.. that could just be me, my boots, and stuff.

Epic work so far got a few Q's how will the boot function?are you going to cutout the sole area for a boot or shoe?
I see you hinged the ankle area what about the toe/ball of feet area(if you keep the foam sole).
Lastly, what type of bits are you using for details.Thanks and keep up with excellent work.

Everytime I hear the phrase "epic work", I think HA PUN!! :D

I use any bit the works for what kind of detail I need. I noticed that the sanding "tubes" work AWESOMELY for cleaning edges and grinding down angles to get them where you need them. Also they work forgring down a large surface area on a complex shaped piece. I believe it's called a polishing wheel. Not the cloth one, it's a gray one that you screw into the mandrel. It work creat for carving in thicker lines. I also have one that does thinner lines and thats just 3 metal cutting wheels stacked onto one mandrel.

why make a boot that you have to fit over another boot? Why not make the foam boot - wearable? lol. I had this idea a while ago - and the foam feels better on socked feet then a hot ol' boot lol.

but yea.. that could just be me, my boots, and stuff.

You know. that make perfect sense. I might have to take you up on that.

Sorry for the double post.

Here are the goggles all lit up. In the one pic it looks kinda white, but it is blue. I just need to make the battery holster and the strap.
Goggles8.jpg

Goggles7.jpg

This build is one of the most labor-intensive foam builds I have seen. Kudos to you for a job well done!

Also, I will be watching.

If you got the spare time, and the skills/programs, do you think you can turn your templates into a scaleable/Printable Template for all the other Foam Enthusists around?

The parts look amazingly good, and I dabbled for 3 hours and came out with "ok , well, now I have scraps of foam to use for smaller parts" LOL

Good work! and yes, Epic Work always made me giggle a little too - for it's Pun Fun.

Ok, I'll be honest and say that I'm not a big fan of the Gear of War franchise, so I really had no interest in checking out Gears builds. But damned if I'm not glad I stopped by this one! My mouth really dropped when I saw those boots, the goggles, and then the chest. Just incredible work all around. I will definitely checking up on this build for progress updates. :cool

dude the details on those boots is EPIC.... that
is some of the most outstanding foam work I have seen!

5 stars so far... Keep at it!

Cujo

Thank you very much for the support guys. I have an update for ya :D

Here are the goggles all finished up. I might redo the straps and have a hidden buckle on one side. For easy access when I have my hair all Baird'ed up.

I know, I know. There isn't a pice on the back. But I had to put the battery somewhere. It wouldn't fit in the goggles :(

Goggles9.jpg

Goggles10.jpg

Here is the back. it was a paaaaaaaaain. I have a super tiny reference from a paused clip of the E3 game footage. He was far away and it was blurry. But today I found a good shot of it, FINALLY. So I have something to actually go on now.

Back1.jpg

Back2.jpg

Man its hard to believe you have so many projects going at once and they ALL look so amazing. Every time I need inspiration for why I want that extra little detail I go straight to your builds. Thanks for sharing.

Your ability to work with foam is truly amazing, I love the goggles! shame that they are for fore-head only, I have been trying to get some light up goggles to see through, not having much luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back