Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again thank you, thank you, thank you guys. I do appreciate that you appreciate my work. People in my life think its cool but don't fully "get it" :D

Anywho, if you asked me any questions and I didn't answer them, just re-ask. I'm on here most of the time on my phone and it doesn't always show me all posts.

Here is an update! Still more to be done on the shoulders and the rib guards are just taped for now. I just wanted to get a feel of what it will be like.

Progress1.jpg

Progress2.jpg

Progress3.jpg

Progress4.jpg

Sparty the chest/back is about 3 sheets so far.

This has come together great man. I completely understand how you feel about people around you not really "getting" it. There aren't a lot of prop builders in this area and even fewer working with video game props.

Keep up the awesome work, I really can't wait to see this finished.

Wow this is awesome, i think everyone on here completely understands you.
Think ill have to use some foam in my builds.
Keep it up, its inspirational!

Did you use the templates you made for your armor on a computer? And if not would you know how to get it there?

This is looking great! :D Just a question: Will you continue the Jorge build at a later time? (I've been following that build as well, so I'm just curious.) :p

Did you use the templates you made for your armor on a computer? And if not would you know how to get it there?

Its all scratch built. I have no clue how to put them on the comp.

This is looking great! :D Just a question: Will you continue the Jorge build at a later time? (I've been following that build as well, so I'm just curious.) :p

Yeah, I'm working on both at the same time. I have posted pics of the forearm and I finished the left bicep the other week. The forearm will be painted this week.

Do you think you can scan it or see if you can make some? I think that would be very helpful for people all over. Just an idea.

Do you think you can scan it or see if you can make some? I think that would be very helpful for people all over. Just an idea.

I won't scan it, as I don't have a scanner. But I would be more than willing to send it to someone who could scan it and post it on here. As long as I am credited and what not, they did take me a long time to make. Also they do need some tweaking after template stage. I had to modidfy a few pieces after I had them cut out. You know how it goes.

Yay! I need to check out that forearm then! I am impressed with your work thus far... (Best Halo 3 Security Helmet EVER!)

I can scan etc, or just tweak finished product for sizing, and dude - anyone that doesn't give you credit needs sawed on a bit and kicked around.

Suits amazing. Iam on page 43/47 of the traditional Paper Pepping the Fenix armor right now. Gota couple of snafoos - parts went bendy wrong and need fixing in post hardening it also fell and tore some collar bits - but the collar is the main problem anyway so I figure Ill just snip it out and use the EVA foam to replicate it, plus it'll be more comfy to wear.

No camera right now, might try to snag one from roomies and start my own thread up.

STILL needing Thigh armor though.. no replies on my thread.. thought I'd mention it here just in case someone had some.

Theres alot of different types of armor. Baird's is the blue type, like carmine and all standard gears wear. Then there is the black ones like marcus and dom wear. Then theres the summer kind, which is lighter, and will be used in Gears of War 3. Some gears have old, outdated and mostly scratchbuilt armor, like dizzy. He has rope holding the circle things on his chest, and his toes stick through his boots. I just got a pack of foam and im going to start with the summer kind of armor. :D

The detail you put into your builds is quite amazing. The boots especially, just awesome!

anyone that doesn't give you credit needs sawed on a bit and kicked around.

I agree with Kissker; the whole reason I signed up for the boards here is because of this build and your Jorge build. Both are absolutely amazing and if there was some way to even get a loose scan of the template that would make my day like no other. Really want to get some armor to go with my retro when it gets sent. I'm going to try the Dom styled set so really the only thing that I've noticed that is different on the main characters is that the chest piece is the only thing different. Even so it would give me a greater idea of how I should go about doing it. I'll keep working on getting my own template made, but sure would help.

I'd be extremely grateful as well if you were to put up at least pics of your templates/patterns. I have been dying to be Dom for Halloween and you sir have officially inspired me.

L3x helped me make a foam template for GOW armor. I don't play gow but I love there armor so I don't know what the armor is from. Anyone want me to post link?

I will post some pics of the template later. But someone who wants to scan them and put them on a thread, PM me your mailing address and I will send them to you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back