Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet another awesome part, this is going to really going to be one epic build when its done.

I R Wish mine was going as smoothly as yours..

although.. I could use eva foam and since i have a hard template (the hardened pep model) under it... hmmm

I R Wish mine was going as smoothly as yours..

although.. I could use eva foam and since i have a hard template (the hardened pep model) under it... hmmm

If you have any questions, just ask. I may be able to help a bit perhaps.

I know I said I would update. But unfortunately(for the update) I was out of town this weekend. Monday it rained like a mofo. Today I had some family things. My sister had her baby, so I am an uncle for the third time this year. But I will be kicking it into high gear tomorrow.

It's update time!!! Everybody do the update dance! Everybody do the update dance! Hey pop that armor, WHAT! Hey pop that Armor, WHAT! Pop, pop, pop..... Ok I will stop that now.....How about some pics?

Yay, we're going out tonight
Progress13.jpg

What's that? You want me to pay for the dinner AND the movie?
Progress14.jpg

OK, here are normal ones. The forearm and everything else.
Forearm1.jpg

Forearm2.jpg

Forearm3.jpg

Forearm4.jpg

Progress12.jpg

Progress15.jpg

Progress16.jpg

It isn't strapped yet. So they look a bit askew. I will fill the gaps and what not as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your armor is looking outstanding man!! I got the Baird goggles u made me and they are bada$$ bro! Thanks for the goggles and keep the great work! U are an inspiration to us all...

I was wondering the same thing.I was planning on putting foam padding in the calf area of my pants to make them match the size of my thighs,Since the characters have legs like an elephant.

But I want know Propcustomz is going to do it.

I will be using foam and padding. Have to beef myself up :D

The update on This build is awesome. It just go's to show us that what can be done if foam, and how it can be done by a master builder. This is most Amazing Eye-candy.

quick questions about the soles of the boots ,are you going protect them with coats of plasti dip or do you have other plans?

The update on This build is awesome. It just go's to show us that what can be done if foam, and how it can be done by a master builder. This is most Amazing Eye-candy.

Thank you very much.

quick questions about the soles of the boots ,are you going protect them with coats of plasti dip or do you have other plans?

Insole or outsole? For the outsole I might get some truck bed spray. For the inside I will just stack several layers of the cheap camping mat in there.

how wide are ur circles on the chest, i feel like i need to shrink my chest down some

They are 6" in diameter end to end.

Here is the thigh after paint :D I would have had the chest painted as well. But unfortunately I ran out of Plasti-dip. So it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Thigh1.jpg

Thigh2.jpg

Thigh3.jpg

Now that is one heck of an update sir!! Now that it has some color on it, all of those details really, REALLY pop!! Great job buddy.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back