Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there I was wondering if you could take a pic of the tools you use for working with the foam? Maybe a little description of how you accomplish such amazing results with foam?

Hey there I was wondering if you could take a pic of the tools you use for working with the foam? Maybe a little description of how you accomplish such amazing results with foam?

Well I just use a dremel with a sanding drum, cut-off disk, grinder, and a couple carbine bits. I also use a heat gun, scissors to cut it and razor to cut tricky spots.

nice paint job and thanks for the reply. what type of paint u useing?

Just Krylon spray, weathering with acrylics.

Foam Wrench!!!

Heck yes!!

So I know I said I would have some pics up yesterday. I DID get the chest/back painted. But it was fairly late and the sun was no longer up. I will be gone all day today(goin out to eat with the family for my bday)but I will be posting pics tomorrow FOR SURE. You have my cyber word....Text....Whatever.

Holy crap man so much detail!! I could look at you through a microscope and I don't think I'd find a single spot with no detail! lol

Paint turned out looking epic on this piece. The weathering and shading just brings all the details out.

Thank you guys :D I had the chance to work with PenutButtrBandt today. We got some work done on our suits. Here is the chest so far :D

Back1-1.jpg

Back2-1.jpg

Back3.jpg

You are a master with foam. My goodness I never imagined so much detail could be achieved with it. Keep up the legendary work. I mean this looks like it belongs in the elite section.

I had the pleasure of working with propcustomz today, and yes this guy is unbelievable with foam. Learned some new stuff today and got quite a bit done. Thanks again man, and great job on the suit so far.

The pint job on the chest look awesome, You've even got a little optical illusion going with the color choices. The washes add just the right touch to the weathering and detailing. in short another Elite piece

The pint job on the chest look awesome, You've even got a little optical illusion going with the color choices. The washes add just the right touch to the weathering and detailing. in short another Elite piece

Optical illusion? What do you mean?

what kind of tip are u using for detail with the dremal?

Sanding drum, cutoff disks, polisher, and some carbine bits.

I had the pleasure of working with propcustomz today, and yes this guy is unbelievable with foam. Learned some new stuff today and got quite a bit done. Thanks again man, and great job on the suit so far.

Thank you sir.

Thanks for scanning in the patterns morf.

Here is the painted belt and forearm. I just have the other thigh to finish foaming and the boots to paint.

P.S. I still have to do the yellow design on the belt.
Belt3.jpg

Forearm5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back