Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allrighty I tried searching the forum's first before i asked this question but here I got anyway. I printed out my helmet using pepakura and there is no lines, how can I fix this? Any help is appreciated greatly! :D

DeadPool said:
Allrighty I tried searching the forum's first before i asked this question but here I got anyway. I printed out my helmet using pepakura and there is no lines, how can I fix this? Any help is appreciated greatly! :D
If you're using Pepakura Designer 2, then go to Configuration --> Print and Paper Configuration and then move the Transparency slider to 0%.

If you're using Pepakura Designer 3, then go to Setting --> Print and Paper Configuration and then move the Transparency slider to 0%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys and gals of 405th,

My second post here,. and even though I'm not into making the armor due to time and financial contraints, HOLY COW. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. I could so get into this.

I stumbled upon this awesome site (great April fools day thing, btw) in search of the ODST insignia. I'm looking for it as a tattoo idea, and all I can find is a smallscale version, not big enough to be used.

Anyone help me out?

Hello,
Sorry for the very noob,and propably frequently asked question,but where i can find weapon files for my Pepakura?

Which Pepakura program do I need to get, Viewer or Designer?

Also, I am having a problem with scaling in general for my helmet. i read the pepakura tutorial on the wiki but i cant seem to find out how to make the helmet scaled, i know the formula for the number but i cant find the place to put in that number.

Vosag said:
Hello,
Sorry for the very noob,and propably frequently asked question,but where i can find weapon files for my Pepakura?

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

at the bottom of the page

Duckey5393 said:
Which Pepakura program do I need to get, Viewer or Designer?

Also, I am having a problem with scaling in general for my helmet. i read the pepakura tutorial on the wiki but i cant seem to find out how to make the helmet scaled, i know the formula for the number but i cant find the place to put in that number.

if you want to print things out in the scale that they come in, then the viewer will be just fine. BUT if you want to scale things down to your size (seeing how most people aren't Master Chief) then you will want to get the Designer.

as for the scale thing, in the designer it is in the menu:

2DPatternwindow>Change the scale of Development>specify the scale...

that should work

Edit: that is for Pepakura Designer 3. I'm not sure on the others

If I wanted a more practical approach to resin should I go with Aqua resin instead of polyester resin? Or which one is cheaper?

Very nice quote from the blog. It holds true that this is the best halo costume site in the world. I am proud to be a member here. The people that are pro at making props are by far an honor to read. Thier posts generally tend to rock every single time.

Hey, I was wondering how to get those armor status pictures. Is there a website or person I go to, or what? I WANNA KNOW!!!!!! :mad:

And by the way, am I gonna get answered by PM or Here? I'd preffer PM.

Hey, does anyone have any ideas for making details on a helmet, leg, etc? And also, does paper mache go good with Bondo? What is some cheap pads that I can use? It seems that I can't find anything to make my helmet comfortable to put on.

dpchief216 said:
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for making details on a helmet, leg, etc? And also, does paper mache go good with Bondo? What is some cheap pads that I can use? It seems that I can't find anything to make my helmet comfortable to put on.

I used a clearance priced bicycle helmet I bought at Walmart for like 5$. I trimmed most of the styrofoam off of it, just kept the curved top part. It also had like 4 or 5 strips of soft foam rubber to use as padding that came with it. It keeps my helmet in place as well as making it comfortable to wear. Just make sure you leave enough room for any air circulation fans you are going to install. I used velcro to keep my 9v batteries in place. I used 2 in parallel for longevity. I also have a replacement pair on the other side of the helmet. I mention this because the batteries ensure that my helmet won't twist sideways at all on me.

What kind of detailing are you looking to do? I made the face details using several layers of glued together card stock. The faces under the bill of the helmet, the faces on the sides of the visor as well as the faces on the back below the AI chip slot. I used a wood glue to glue several layers together. I glued like 8 or 10, I forget which. I then placed down a sheet of wax paper under the newly glued stack, then a piece above it. I stacked on like 40 or 50 pounds of books... BUT you will have to make sure that the books can't slide around as the glue may make them slide the whole stack sideways. I put 3 stacks of books on top of what I was doing. the main one and a stack on each side to make sure the stack couldn't move on me.

If memory serves me, I stacked the books on it for like 20 seconds, took them off and removed the excess glue. I used fresh wax paper stacked the books on it and left it for like 12 hours (overnight) next day took the books off and let the card stock 'breath' until I was ready to work on it.

I use packing bubbles (the transparant plastic with bubbles on it that comes with tv and that you can play with for hours...)

EDIT : the big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back