Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Good to be back after a two day break. Well I moved house so I had no choice really. LOL! I managed to unfold some or the improved model before we moved, so now I'll finish it up. I'm going to see if I have enough card here for a test build too.

Plus, I thinkI'm gonna get my own armor off the ground! I have a garage here now so I want to make use of it! ;) I can't decide out of the perms so I'm going to start with a HD Mk VI helmet. I can't wait!!

Still some unpacking though so it'll be a slow start.

Skupilkinson said:
Hey guys! Good to be back after a two day break. Well I moved house so I had no choice really. LOL! I managed to unfold some or the improved model before we moved, so now I'll finish it up. I'm going to see if I have enough card here for a test build too.

Plus, I thinkI'm gonna get my own armor off the ground! I have a garage here now so I want to make use of it! ;) I can't decide out of the perms so I'm going to start with a HD Mk VI helmet. I can't wait!!

Still some unpacking though so it'll be a slow start.

Congrats on the move man! Where are you stationed now? Whe should meet up for a pint in the old brewer! :lol: Take your time unfolding this thing man. Patience is a virtue!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I'm still in Merthyr Tydfil, I was far out from town in the old place but I'm pretty close to the town now. Not sure how far I am from you? I don't drive though. :( I should really rectify that problem.

Yeah, patience. :) This thing has been unfolded a fair few times now. Luckily I noticed each mistake before I called it "done" or before printing anything off! I hate watse. ;) Though I'm pretty sure this is the final version now!

OOOO updates hehehe, Hayabusa Fans get ready hehe..

Congrats too man on the move, hope you get settled quikly hehe

Sorry for the delay guys. I did try to upload this PDO lastnight but I had a nightmare of a time! The upload kept cutting out before it had completed.

Anyway, this is the final unfold of my Hayabusa chest perm. I'm pretty sure I've got all of the little fixes done now. Download it and have a look, don't be shy to let me know if you see a problem with it.

Once it's open in Pepakura, go into the object list and deselect "obj1" to hide the base chest. ;)

Download here: http://www.4shared.com/file/50893851/ee8f5...Busa_FINAL.html

I hope it's ok this time.

Vrogy said:
..And that hasn't been working too well. People tend to flake off, you get terrible unfoldings, etc. I'd say unfold it yourself, make sure it's an organized, efficient layout at a largish size, a little big so people can scale down easily, and release it all ready to go. Much less fuss that way.
QFT. Probably the fastest, easiest way to get your work released :)

I think so. Not just that but you know it's done the way you'd want it too. Well, I gotta get my kids ready for school. I look forward to some feedback later. Then I'm printing out my first Halo pep file to get my own set of armor off the ground. Can't wait!

Oh, I've not testbuilt this as I don't have a MkVI chest to test it against. So in regards to fitting it there could be problems. Though It should be pretty good as I modelled it over a MkVI chest so it should be close.

he man do you know by any chance which armor you picked for the moddeling. the HD 1 ore the low ore a different 1.
since you used it i want it to so that the hayabusa armor fits like a glove

Erm, it was modelled over the original Beta file that a friend sent me. So I'd imagine that the closest pep file to that is the low detail. Though, it shouldn't make too much difference I hope, seeing as the busa chest fit's over the outer edges of the MkVI chest. I'm guessing that to keep the higher detail version as accurate as possible that those parts weren't changed too much?

I'm sorry that I can't be of much help in this area. If I'd had a MkVI chest already built then I'd be able to tell you more.

i guess what typezero is asking will this fit over flying squirrel's HD chest or not if you want to find out just PM him hes a very nice guy and he would be more than happy to help

crackhead09 said:
i guess what typezero is asking will this fit over flying squirrel's HD chest or not if you want to find out just PM him hes a very nice guy and he would be more than happy to help
wel i am trying to find out if it would fit on te normal low armor cause i dont wana waist time on something im gone bondo over anyways :cool: :p

You're welcome! It was fun to do something different. As i said before, it was modelled over the beta model. You may be able to tell from some of the WIP pics I've posted? It looks low detail to me. If someone happens to have Flying Squirrels HD chest model(not the pep file) then I'll happily share my model with them so they can make this HD compatable? Just a thought? Let me know via PM. ;)

I'm thinkin' of doing a weapon next though I'll wait until I've something to show before trying to start a thread again. And I'll be sure to start it in the right place next time. LOL! Sorry mods. :)

I want to do it. I just like the look of the Heavy Machine gun. Plus I'm doing a favor for a friend too so I'm a little busy at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back