Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,

Thanks to vrogy, I have this in letter size sheets now for my friends across the pond! ;) Download it here: http://www.4shared.com/file/51013669/bbb36...NAL_letter.html

Also, I've been chatting about the heavy machine gun and I've chose not to do it. Just not practical for pep eally due to the size and final weight of it. So I'm going to be making a start on the 'Busa helmet next. ;)

I'll start a new thread when I have something to show.

EDIT: Guys, can someone help me? I have the reference pics from the gallery and the wiki. Is there someone who can take more shots of the helmet for me? I don't have the game you see and would like more shots showing all the detail of the helmet for me to use as reference for my model. I just want to make it as good as I can.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated. ;)

I don't have that ingame armor since I really do suck at Halo. I'm sure someone will beat me to it, but I can play some games and try to get you some shots. I'll look now and see if I have any recent games with the busa in it.

Thanks. I don't want to put anyone out, though any helmet reference help would be appreciated. The wiki and gallery pis are great! Though I think more could be beneficial. ;)

Maybe I should shoot NZ a PM to see what he's working from?

Skupilkinson said:
So I'm going to be making a start on the 'Busa helmet next. ;)

Sweet! The busa chest looks great! Im going to start peping' :p Hopefully by the time im finished, the helm might be ready. And once again.. Skip AMAZING work as always.

P.s I noitced that theres the chest at the top.. Il unfold that and build them both thogether! :)

p.p.s Thanks again! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Smilie120: Dude! Why would ya zoom out that far? LOL! I guess it is hady having it in there for thoe who want to ensure a good fit. I look forward to seeing it bro. ;)

@tlither: Thanks very much! I have some of those pics from NZ-TK but there are others in that link tht I've not got. I appreciate the time buddy, thanks.

I want to get some more done on this Fett gauntlet I'm modelling for someone and then I'll make a start. I printed out my copy os the FS-HD MkVI helmet today too so I'll have my hands full. Though I'm not complaining, it's all good. I can't wait to try on my first helmet!

Very cool job on this, Skip!
I don't care too much for the Hayabusa helmet, but there's just something about the chest that I dig. Maybe it's the collar... Anyway, nice job!
And good luck on the helmet, it'll be nice to finally have a file for people looking for it.
Lookin forward to seeing more of your work.

Hey, thanks lot man. I appreciate the compliment. Same goes to you by the way on your work. I love those ODST drawings you've done. ;)

I really liked the busa at first, now I'm not o sue to be honest. The more I look at perms like the CQB and the EVA the less I favour the busa. Though at the mo I'm really liking the EOD helmet. Maybe that has something to do with NZ-TKs build of it?

Skupilkinson said:
Hey, thanks lot man. I appreciate the compliment. Same goes to you by the way on your work. I love those ODST drawings you've done. ;)

I really liked the busa at first, now I'm not o sue to be honest. The more I look at perms like the CQB and the EVA the less I favour the busa. Though at the mo I'm really liking the EOD helmet. Maybe that has something to do with NZ-TKs build of it?

skip i dont know how but if there is a way to show my appreciation and love it would. :not worthy:

You're welcome buddy. Though the helmet is proving a challenge to get off the ground.

See, the reference pics I now have are great. Though when you use them as plans for modelling it, you quickly realise just how much perspective effects them when used as plans. :( I've just had an idea that may make modelling this much easier. I just need to look into it mre. ;)

Did you ever get any good refs yet? I got the front done but getting a picture of the back is kind of tuff.

I will post a pic when I get to my computer

Spartan 051 said:
Did you ever get any good refs yet? I got the front done but getting a picture of the back is kind of tuff.

I will post a pic when I get to my computer

The pumentration sits on the font of the chest, there is no extra detail on the back.

smilie120 said:
The pumentration sits on the font of the chest, there is no extra detail on the back.

I think he's referring to the helmet. ;) I put a shout out for help with reference pics. I'm waiting on some orthographical drawings from Ruze789. He's kindly agreed to help me with them. Though he's busy doing the ODST legs for NZ-TK to model them from first.

As soon as I get them, I'll make a start on modelling the helmet. ;)

It works out better this way I think. I'll have proper plans to work from which will make the modelling so much easier. The wait will give me time to finish a favour for WetOkole and finish my first pep build of a helmet(FS-HD MkVI).

EDIT: I'm curious, has anyone started a build of the chest perm yet?

Skupilkinson said:
I think he's referring to the helmet. ;)

EDIT: I'm curious, has anyone started a build of the chest perm yet?

Ahhh boy...Now dont I feel stupid sorry Spartan051

And as for the chest. I was in the process of unfolding the entier thing.. Il get back to it, today. There's not that great of a response on this chest perm..I'm stumped usually people are all over new pepakura model's.

But still, keep up the good work Skip! Im shure everyone will go MENTAL when you rease the helmet file.

Btw. heres a dancing kitty :lol:

Did you get the pictures I sent? Perspective distortion is tricky with this helmet. It makes getting the crest right quite difficult. Good luck :)

Edit, sorry I didnt see you'd replied :)

Hey NZ, I got them. I did reply via email to thank you. Did you not get it? I was modelling from the front, back, side etc pics that you sent. They looked like straight ortho pics at first but it quickly became apparent that they weren't. Because of that, nothing was lining up which was just tying my little brain up in knots! So I PM'd Ruze after seeing what he'd done with the ODST stuff to ask if he fancied helping me out when he had time.

I can't wait to see what he does with it!

@Smilie120: Maybe the quiet rspone is just because I'm new here and people aren't sure what to expect from me? aybe they're not sure if the chest will build into a piece of garbage dspite it looking ok on screen? We get that with papermodel designers sometimes so...

It's no big deal. Hopefully the chest will be just fine and members will have a little more faith. LOL! :D

Hey, you're unfolding the chest? Was something wrong with the way I'd done it? I'd appreciate the feedback. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
smilie120: Maybe the quiet rspone is just because I'm new here and people aren't sure what to expect from me? aybe they're not sure if the chest will build into a piece of garbage dspite it looking ok on screen? We get that with papermodel designers sometimes so...

It's no big deal. Hopefully the chest will be just fine and members will have a little more faith. LOL! :D

Hey, you're unfolding the chest? Was something wrong with the way I'd done it? I'd appreciate the feedback. ;)

Hehe. Just to let you know! you'r unfold is GREAT but I needed the torso too! not just the pumentration! :lol: I managed to scale the both of them to 30page's and im printing it now. Il let you know how I get on! I gotta few hours down the gym today so Imight not have much progress. Thanks again skip! Btw if you want the unfold il e-mail it to you, it isnt th best but it's okay.

D'oh! You already mentioned that didn't ya. Sorry dude! Yeah, when you're one you could email it to me. May not be a completely bad idea to have both the base and the perm in one file. For those who want to ensure the best fit or something, they could build both parts? Send it along buddy and I'll have a looky. ;)

Take your time though, I'm not going anywhere.

@NZ-TK: It's ok. It was just a "Thank you" email. I appreciate the help buddy. I'll be watching your helmet thread too for insights into your 'Busa helm. ;) The mouth/chin is looking swell so far!

Nz could you post the pics. All I got is the one from the gallery

EDIT: I having a big problem with the top crest

hyabusa.jpg

Not trying to take your thread its still much a work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back