Ironman Markiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got some time yesterday on my day off to work on the new ironman helmet didnt get far though the weather quickly turn to spring time windy storm and I had to quit, there is still a lot more to do and clean up work but here ya go

91ae445a.jpg

574ca2ab.jpg

edit: ok I've been getting a few Pm about what size I made my helmet, now I'm not being mean or anything just playing a wheres waldo thing, but I'm not going to responed if you ask me, because I put the size of all my helmets in the pictures just look closely

Saw a guy on fklir who installed a guide bracket to slide the visor up... no instructions really, but nicely done. When up, the guides were visable... but closed, not. He also installed 2 magnets, one on the visor interior, one on the crown of the helm (interior) to hold the visor in place when up.

Das Brutus said:
Saw a guy on fklir who installed a guide bracket to slide the visor up... no instructions really, but nicely done. When up, the guides were visable... but closed, not. He also installed 2 magnets, one on the visor interior, one on the crown of the helm (interior) to hold the visor in place when up.

I kinda see what your talking about I'll have to use some of these earth magnets that I got, post some pics if you can

Last edited by a moderator:
new update I put as many hours as I could on this project over the weekend there is still lots to do.
So here is all the angles tell me what you think

6b3ce301.jpg

ac5bf663.jpg

c72b7a3f.jpg

aed63759.jpg

e06fa0fb.jpg

@timecon

The angles are looking good but you may want to sand them enough to make them look like it is a part of a circle with just one smooth line :D

SoullessSin said:
timecon

The angles are looking good but you may want to sand them enough to make them look like it is a part of a circle with just one smooth line :D

there is a lot more work to be done can you please be more specific on which angles you are refering too so I may take notice if I havent already.

Are you going to paint it mark ii or mark III?

why not both, now that I think about it

OMG I almost forgot to check this topic
Im so excited to see the model put into real work! :D
You're doing such an awesome job on it, cant wait to see it done ^^

sharkhead7854 said:
OMG I almost forgot to check this topic
Im so excited to see the model put into real work! :D
You're doing such an awesome job on it, cant wait to see it done ^^

well couldnt have done it with out ya buddy, and I cant wait either

I was talking about these areas that are circled. It looks bumpy and needs to look like a continuous arc. But I think you already know this though. But I'm still impressed on how far you gotten though :D
[attachment=8859:6b3ce301.jpg]

where'd you get the pep file for that? it looks way better than the one i'm making.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. BTW ur helmet's coming along awesome

ok I spent the few days working on this, and hours of sanding and modifying and it was cold and it rained and snowed while I worked on this on my porch, there are a few more things to do so here are some prgress shot with the primer.

2d865bc0.jpg

a1ff7173.jpg

e855951d.jpg

98edabde.jpg

timecon said:
ok I spent the few days working on this, and hours of sanding and modifying and it was cold and it rained and snowed while I worked on this on my porch, there are a few more things to do so here are some prgress shot with the primer.

Hey, Ever thought of spending your time NOT making the rest of us look bad?
Joking, But seriously, Good job on that helmet, That's Awesome.
Going to be making casts?

Now that, looks awesome! That shows what taking your time, measuring, doing your homework and taking time to sand EVERYTHING smooth will do. People get in a rush b/c they want to see the finished product and end up with a bumpy, cavernous peice of bond. You should deffinately mold that.

The Stig said:
Hey, Ever thought of spending your time NOT making the rest of us look bad?
Joking, But seriously, Good job on that helmet, That's Awesome.
Going to be making casts?

Thanks I really appreciate your support LOL

Skupilkinson said:
Beautiful! Best Ironman I've seen yet I think. Keep it up bro, though don't forget about your RC lid to. ;) LOL!

LOL dont worry I'm working on the chest right now thats why there hasnt been a update

DYSTORTED INC said:
Now that, looks awesome! That shows what taking your time, measuring, doing your homework and taking time to sand EVERYTHING smooth will do. People get in a rush b/c they want to see the finished product and end up with a bumpy, cavernous peice of bond. You should deffinately mold that.

I agree and yes I plan to mold it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back