Ironman Markiii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Das Brutus said:
i tried to sculpt a ball once... ended up square :p

All this sculpting is amazing!

Funny thing is I've never used clay I'm not even sure I could to it, but bondo just easy to me as long as I have a base

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean there buddy. Having a Pepakura base takes so many of the headaches out of costume and prop making. This IM helmet is proving that. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
I know what you mean there buddy. Having a Pepakura base takes so many of the headaches out of costume and prop making. This IM helmet is proving that. ;)

for reals! and I saw your blog today thats awsome thanks

Woah!! It looks so awesome!!!
I really like how smooth you got it, very professional looking o___o
now I wish I had the money to make one XD

sharkhead7854 said:
Woah!! It looks so awesome!!!
I really like how smooth you got it, very professional looking o___o
now I wish I had the money to make one XD

thanks well I havent spent that much money on this mostly just time, gallon of bondo 13$ and card stock 5$ and hours of sanding, which by the way is not complete I was looking it over last night and there are some issues that I need to fix before I make a mold so back to work after this nasty weather passes, it snowed 13 in where I live yesterday and then was gone that night, its like spring and winter are duking it out.

also I was able to find an idea for the front face plate to open at home depot
b579212e.jpg

timecon said:
thanks well I havent spent that much money on this mostly just time, gallon of bondo 13$ and card stock 5$ and hours of sanding, which by the way is not complete I was looking it over last night and there are some issues that I need to fix before I make a mold so back to work after this nasty weather passes, it snowed 13 in where I live yesterday and then was gone that night, its like spring and winter are duking it out.
also I was able to find an idea for the front face plate to open at home depot
b579212e.jpg
Ah, good choice.
That device has been reccomneded before on this site and a few others
My mom works at home depot so maybe she can get some for me to use when i make mine
whats the package say?

Skupilkinson said:
"Friction Lid Support" ;)

Looking forward to seeing how they work.
oh thank you ^___^

Das Brutus said:
I think that's what this guy used... looks about the same...
yeah it is, most people who have flip visors for iron man use the same
im wondering how Phoenix_92s hinges will work o_o

Nice! My girlfriend got a kick out of the Ironwoman bit! :lol:

Anyway, as soon as you make molds and casts, I'm interested on getting my hands on one!

ok i edited my wifes little joke, and if i'm going to do ironwomen it wont have a girly hat.
anyways I completed my ironman helmet and it is ready to be molded, I changed a few things today after looking at some reference pics for awhile I wasnt happy but now I am and here are a few pics of the change and the final.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

This is really awesome man! I'm making the right arm and I'm currently working on the electronics for a mock jet booster. Can't wait to see it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back