My Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here it goes, I'm going to print out the chest all 134 pages lol.
lol :D be honest, that's not really 134 pages, also completely empty pages are not printed by Pepakura designer. Also there is a lot of space between the single parts. ;)

Because I didn't have the Kat Torso pdo file as it wasn't included by the Halo all-in-one pepakura package, I googled for the file and found this.
Why don't you use this pdo file by halogodess? http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/4uthGZ6Y/kat_torso_neckcollar_unfold.html 20 pages in total, that's less than a common Mark VI torso. ;)
If you already started printing, STOP NOW!

lol :D be honest, that's not really 134 pages, also completely empty pages are not printed by Pepakura designer. Also there is a lot of space between the single parts. ;)

Because I didn't have the Kat Torso pdo file as it wasn't included by the Halo all-in-one pepakura package, I googled for the file and found this.
Why don't you use this pdo file by halogodess? http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/4uthGZ6Y/kat_torso_neckcollar_unfold.html 20 pages in total, that's less than a common Mark VI torso. ;)

sometimes pepakura gets messed up and it prints some of the blank pages out. At least that's for me anyways...
Oh the Halogodess file is the one I'm printing out right now :D

Stop it rainbow ! women are always right . no way you could give her an advice :pP

Jk i missed u dude <3!

My nice big thick stack of goodies haha

0012.jpg

Whew! You're going to be busy for a while. To break up the monotany of cutting, I would recommend building as you cut the pieces out. Cut out only what you need for the upcoming section, then finish that section, then go back and cut out the next section. That way, it won't seem like such a long, boring process. How long did that take to print?

Good luck!

:eek
Good luck! Take carpathiavh99's advice, It will seem a LOT less stressful this way. :)

Thanks! Yeah I definitely will take his advise. :)

Whew! You're going to be busy for a while. To break up the monotany of cutting, I would recommend building as you cut the pieces out. Cut out only what you need for the upcoming section, then finish that section, then go back and cut out the next section. That way, it won't seem like such a long, boring process. How long did that take to print?

Good luck!
Yeah I'll definitely do that. It took about 1 and a half to 2 hours. :p

Good luck!
That's what I did on my chest. I only cut out and prepped the pieces as I needed them. Helps keep morale up! :)

You know you can watch full seasons of RvB on youtube, right? I think I went through seasions 1-7 twice while doing my chest.

Edit: That is of course if your laptop is capable of playing youtube videos :p

You know you can watch full seasons of RvB on youtube, right? I think I went through seasions 1-7 twice while doing my chest.

Haha my laptop is so old I don't even get internet on it. :D I only use it for my pepakura viewer

HAHA that's what I do!
I just find listening Caboose, entertaining while I pep my work.

What I do to cut down some time is rough cut the pieces, cut around them not cut them out, and after you've done that put them in piles, like 1 for the front, 1 for the back, 1 for the top, etc. then cut them out as you build the different sections. That's what I do and it cuts down a little more time. I think it works pretty well.

Question

What would be the best part to start putting together on the chest? should I start at the middle and work around or?

I'm in the process of cutting everything out, I have 10 pages done already, yay!

What I do to cut down some time is rough cut the pieces, cut around them not cut them out, and after you've done that put them in piles, like 1 for the front, 1 for the back, 1 for the top, etc. then cut them out as you build the different sections. That's what I do and it cuts down a little more time. I think it works pretty well.

With large builds like the chest, doing this runs the risk of losing some of the cut out pieces. At a minimum, you will find yourself hunting for a piece longer than if you had just left it on the sheet and referred to the pep file. As an added bonus, you can tell pep designer to print the page numbers, further easing the location process. With large builds like this, efficiency and organization is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back