My Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thankfully I have almost the whole halo soundtrack on my mp3 :) It will be nice to get away from watching lord of the rings a million times :D

What would be the best part to start putting together on the chest? should I start at the middle and work around or?

I'm in the process of cutting everything out, I have 10 pages done already, yay!

I'll start pepping my chest tonight, luckily everything's already cutted out and scored. :p
I'll probably start with the neck part (middle) then do the front-part.

I would suggest starting from the middle top of the front chest and work downward to get the whole front done. Work on it in 2 sections for the most part(Front and Back). Do the front first. It's easier.

For the 2 chests that I've done, I started in the front middle, and worked my way around to the back. This way I had a fully pepped collar that I can wear. It's the fewest possible pieces you can pep and be 95% positive that the piece you're making is the right size.

You can see here what I mean:
HDChestday3back.jpg

Once that's finished you can continue working your way down, finishing with the lower rib section that connects from front to the back.

For the 2 chests that I've done, I started in the front middle, and worked my way around to the back. This way I had a fully pepped collar that I can wear. It's the fewest possible pieces you can pep and be 95% positive that the piece you're making is the right size.

You can see here what I mean:
HDChestday3back.jpg

Once that's finished you can continue working your way down, finishing with the lower rib section that connects from front to the back.

This route would also work! Come to think of it.. I think that's similar to how I built mine.

Why? Why does everyone use numbered tabs? I manage just fine without them!
So why?

Personal preference. People do different things because that is what works for them. Your post was really not necessary as it did not contribute to this build by offering any kind of feedback or advice. In the future, just because someone does not do something your way, don't get on their case about it.

RSpartan7: 40 pages? You're about 1/3 the way there!

Personal preference. People do different things because that is what works for them. Your post was really not necessary as it did not contribute to this build by offering any kind of feedback or advice. In the future, just because someone does not do something your way, don't get on their case about it.

RSpartan7: 40 pages? You're about 1/3 the way there!

I know! I'm starting to get excited about it :)

So why?

I've tried not using numbers, and its a hassle, even though you can look at the file on pep viewer and figure out what goes where, its still so much easier with them. I think its just personal reference.

The numbers on the tabs are always printed exactly in the middle of the tab, so when you're aligning pieces together all you have to do is line up the numbers.
That's the point!

I've tried not using numbers, and its a hassle, even though you can look at the file on pep viewer and figure out what goes where, its still so much easier with them. I think its just personal reference.
Another good reason. ;)

So why?
Everything's clear now? Your post is really unnecessary and rather a bit rude.

Update!

So right now I'm putting my bicep together, Hopefully it will fit this time. I also have about 56 pages cut out for my chest = a very happy person! ;)

I'll post a photo of the bicep when its finished.

Great craftsmanship (or should it be craftwomanship? lol!) on the whole suit! Can't wait until Noble 2 reports for duty!
-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back