My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I hit up the dollar store this afternoon and looked around for little stuff for my suit. I was really excited to see a "oil funnel" that had a little bit of black tubing that I needed for the vents! So I bought that for a buck and now I have the vent detail on my helmet. I really like the way it looks on there :)
Heres a pic:
PS. The area where the helmet-lights go has not been finished, aka why there are just some black scribbles there

Photo308-1.jpg

I also found a bunch of jumbo buckles that I will use for my chest piece in packs of "luggage straps" for $1 each. So I just bought 4 of those and cut off the strap part from the buckle and now I can seperate my chest piece and glue those in today! :) good day.

Prettiness! :D
Can't wait to see more!

If you're looking for a visor, I found this amazon tab and I'm REALLY tempted go buy a visor right now. It's the cheapest I've seen visors EVER!
Now to convince my mother that this price is not going to go any lower and I have a limited time before the price pops back up again....

-Alexis

Prettiness! :D
Can't wait to see more!

If you're looking for a visor, I found this amazon tab and I'm REALLY tempted go buy a visor right now. It's the cheapest I've seen visors EVER!
Now to convince my mother that this price is not going to go any lower and I have a limited time before the price pops back up again....

-Alexis

thankyou!

Yeah I have been considering visors and things, although its not on the top of my to do list.

Also, that visor is the cheapest I have seen, the only one that comes close to it is a $15 one on ebay. unfortunately I believe that I am goingto look for a silver visor because I really like silver! But for your build I would totally get that visor you linked. It looks like it has a REALLY nice and dark tint to it so no one can see your face. My only warning for you is to make sure that it will be able to fit your helmet, you would not want to get a visor that ends up being too small!

EDIT: I am reading through the customer comments on this visor and apparently...
"The Visor is NOT GOLD ----so if you wanted the classic gold visor I wouldnt get this one
The Visor Scratches Easily --probably not that big of a deal since its a costume
The Visor is easy to see thru on the inside and hard from the outside " ----perfect!

I've already looked up what a full-face modular helmet is and I'm pretty sure this would fit.
SO EXCITED haha

-Alexis

thankyou!

Yeah I have been considering visors and things, although its not on the top of my to do list.

Also, that visor is the cheapest I have seen, the only one that comes close to it is a $15 one on ebay. unfortunately I believe that I am goingto look for a silver visor because I really like silver! But for your build I would totally get that visor you linked. It looks like it has a REALLY nice and dark tint to it so no one can see your face. My only warning for you is to make sure that it will be able to fit your helmet, you would not want to get a visor that ends up being too small!

EDIT: I am reading through the customer comments on this visor and apparently...
"The Visor is NOT GOLD ----so if you wanted the classic gold visor I wouldnt get this one
The Visor Scratches Easily --probably not that big of a deal since its a costume
The Visor is easy to see thru on the inside and hard from the outside " ----perfect!

I've noticed something similiar with the HJ-09 shields available on ebay. There are 2 types of the visors , they are both tinted gold, the only difference one is classed RST and the other Standard.

The RST visor is clearly more reflective and has a mirror like film where as the standard has a reflective coat on the outside which is easily scratched and eventually fades.

I've noticed something similiar with the HJ-09 shields available on ebay. There are 2 types of the visors , they are both tinted gold, the only difference one is classed RST and the other Standard.

The RST visor is clearly more reflective and has a mirror like film where as the standard has a reflective coat on the outside which is easily scratched and eventually fades.

hmm thanks for the insight. So is the RST visor the one that I would want to look into getting? Even though it fades eventually?

So today I cut my chest piece in half and added buckles (as pictured below) so that I can actually wear it (sweet.) Its the first time I have tried it on since it was a paper model, and the fit is still pretty good in my opinion.
The only changes I need to make to the chest piece is shave off some of the bottom of sides and around the neck area. Its really tight and I can hardly breath in it lol.

Photo313.jpg

Picture31.png

Getting even more epic by the day!

And yes, I read the reviews. The one quote that says the visor isn't gold is probably not true. There can't be any light behind the visor of ir will look more yellow than gold. I'm not worried about it so I've decided I'm going to buy this visor. Thanks for pointing out the reviews, though!

Your placement of the buckles gives me hopes for my own! You did it very seamlessly there. I honestly wouldn't know where they connect if it wasn't for your previous pic!

Getting even more epic by the day!

And yes, I read the reviews. The one quote that says the visor isn't gold is probably not true. There can't be any light behind the visor of ir will look more yellow than gold. I'm not worried about it so I've decided I'm going to buy this visor. Thanks for pointing out the reviews, though!

Can't wait to see how it looks in your helmet !

everything looks incredible! cant wait for more!

thankyou Kwameninja :D

Your placement of the buckles gives me hopes for my own! You did it very seamlessly there. I honestly wouldn't know where they connect if it wasn't for your previous pic!

I'm sure that you can make yours just as good as mine, some tips I have are
-make a really clean cut when you are seperating the pieces
-if you are doing it for a mark 6 build, I would suggest separating the pieces around the area where I did mine, which is right near that place where there is supposed to be a buckle on the in-game model.
-take time to plan out the buckle placement. I think a lot of people place them wrongly which leaves a huge gap between the two pieces

good luck, and I hope those help you a bit.
absolutely fabulous! you gotta love those buckles!

thankyou Sepheus. Good luck on your new foam build too

The straps look good and real secure from what I can tell.

Haha thanks, and you have gotta get working on yours! I want to see updates!
Also I bought some "industrial strength" velcro today and glued it on to the handplates and it seems like it is working pretty well!

It's not my fault! I'm away at Purdue University! I got no where to work. :O

Keep up the good work!

Wow is all i can say, i wish i had the time and money to do a pep build, they always amaze me in their detail

thankya Xarmy, and I know what you mean, the supplies are getting really expensive- thats why the EVA foam method is a good idea if you want to build a suit and get details, no bondo and resin required!

Great work on both the chest and helm! You're progressing along nicely.

Wish I had the spare time work on my suit as much as I'd like. But I'm still trying to muscle my way through that pepping stage. Progress is progress though.

Keep us posted!

Looks good to me, seems like your chest is the right size when I look at it, as does the thigh plate. But I think your forearm pieces might be a bit small, in length and width, seems tight on your wrist for some reason to me anyways good work! cant wait to see updates.

Wow....I feel like a derp, I only looked at the first page =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back