My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is looking fantastic since last I visited. You have surpassed me by far!

Now that I have experimented with pepping/resining/fiberglassing...I'm starting over. Now that I know what I'm doing, I plan to do one piece at a time, start to finish. Gonna hit DragonCon this year.

Keep up your fantastic work, girl.

Everything is looking fantastic since last I visited. You have surpassed me by far!

Now that I have experimented with pepping/resining/fiberglassing...I'm starting over. Now that I know what I'm doing, I plan to do one piece at a time, start to finish. Gonna hit DragonCon this year.

^^ I agree!!! your work is awesome Anna! keep it up!!! lookin BFAB!!!!!

Great work on both the chest and helm! You're progressing along nicely.

Wish I had the spare time work on my suit as much as I'd like. But I'm still trying to muscle my way through that pepping stage. Progress is progress though.

Keep us posted!
hey thanks Hosed. Yeah pepping kinda sucks, I get through it by watching lots of shows and movies while doing it.
wow it all looks good XD
thankya
Looks good to me, seems like your chest is the right size when I look at it, as does the thigh plate. But I think your forearm pieces might be a bit small, in length and width, seems tight on your wrist for some reason to me anyways good work! cant wait to see updates.

Wow....I feel like a derp, I only looked at the first page =P
hahaha thanks and woops xD
Super cool looking so far. Love the yellow :)
thankyou Lilty!

Heeey you are back! You were MIA for a while lol. And WHAT?! You are starting over?!? You had a ton of stuff already made and fiberglassed! But if thats what you want to do then go ahead, I just wouldnt have the patience to redo stuff haha. And you are going to d-con? I'm jealous!!
^^ I agree!!! your work is awesome Anna! keep it up!!! lookin BFAB!!!!!
Thankyou guy :D
-------------------------

So I am now building a Kat Helmet.

I tried making a new thread in the noob section of the forums, but for some reason it gave me an error and said that I didnt have permission to start another thread, so for now I will just post progress in here:

This is the helmet side-attachment which was unfolded by HaloGoddess, it was a small piece so it only took 20 minutes or so to make. But I think it would be cool to put a flashlight or something in it eventually
Photo311.jpg

You can't really tell what this is, but it is a 1/3 finished (top) part of Kat's helmet. After cutting out more than half of the pieces I found out that I had scaled the helmet waay to far down. So I'm scrapping this and starting over tonight on a bigger one.

Photo315.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:/ well, that's too bad about the helmet. :/ heard of a similar problem on another member's thread, and I had no idea that not all models could be scaled the "right" way, some are trial and error, which is really scary and not very cost effective if you know what I mean. lol Cardstock aint free lol but anyway, keep the fabulous work up!!! good luck, and HAPPY building!! lol

Bummer on the first attempt for the helm, but im sure as good as your artistic ability is it will come out immaculate :D

:/ well, that's too bad about the helmet. :/ heard of a similar problem on another member's thread, and I had no idea that not all models could be scaled the "right" way, some are trial and error, which is really scary and not very cost effective if you know what I mean. lol Cardstock aint free lol but anyway, keep the fabulous work up!!! good luck, and HAPPY building!! lol

haha yeah some pieces are really weird scale wise! Like, even though you may scale the height as 10 inches high it will not really turn out 10 inches high. I guess this is one of those models; (I scaled it at 270 mm high which is larger than most helmets are scaled and it was still too small.) But oh well, I'm 1/2 done cutting out the new one anyway.
Bummer on the first attempt for the helm, but im sure as good as your artistic ability is it will come out immaculate :D
yeeeah I'm not too stressed about it. Cutting the pieces out isn't too bad anyway.

Sweet! so are you planning a whole new build, or just gonna set the 'ol Kat helmet on the dresser as a display?

well, Halogoddess, a fellow 405th member, built a kat suit that she needed to get rid of to make space for her new build. So since I am such a big fan of her build I bought it from her! (All pieces except for the helmet that is.) I know that some of the pieces will be to short as I am taller than her, so I will be rebuilding some pieces for sure as well as making a kat-undersuit. I haven't received it yet in the mail though because Halogoddess is having some issues getting a box from work to ship it in, but I when I get it I'll make a new thread for the new stuff I will be adding to it and the custom undersuit I'll be making for it. :)

well, Halogoddess, a fellow 405th member, built a kat suit that she needed to get rid of to make space for her new build. So since I am such a big fan of her build I bought it from her! (All pieces except for the helmet that is.) I know that some of the pieces will be to short as I am taller than her, so I will be rebuilding some pieces for sure as well as making a kat-undersuit. I haven't received it yet in the mail though because Halogoddess is having some issues getting a box from work to ship it in, but I when I get it I'll make a new thread for the new stuff I will be adding to it and the custom undersuit I'll be making for it. :)

Amazing. :)

Can't wait to see it. Ya don't see too many Kat suits so im sure it will be awesomeness!!!

So here is a mini update, I just wanted to show that I was able to put lights in the front part of the chest plate (if you can even tell from this pic.) They are book lights that I just cut the clips off of and diffused with hot glue.

****By the way, ive noticed that my chest piece is cracking a little but on the edges when I take it off/ put it on. Does anyone know anything I can put inside the piece to strengthen it? Some sort of spray foam or anything to strengthen it?? I would be SO bummed if it broke just from wearing it ... :/

Also, the Reach Magnum you are seeing in one of the pics was NOT made by me. It was made by a talented 405th member named Kwameninja who takes commissions to make weapons. Check out his stuff!

Photo315-1.jpg

--My kat helmet and anything kat related was moved to its own thread so that the 2 projects dont overlap. So feel free to check it out, the link is right below this in my signature :)

aggggh, can I haz M6 and beautifully awesome chestpiece???!?!?!?!?!? lol it's all looking great!!!! :D I especially like your ingenuity with the hot glue!!!

So here is a mini update, I just wanted to show that I was able to put lights in the front part of the chest plate (if you can even tell from this pic.) They are book lights that I just cut the clips off of and diffused with hot glue.

****By the way, ive noticed that my chest piece is cracking a little but on the edges when I take it off/ put it on. Does anyone know anything I can put inside the piece to strengthen it? Some sort of spray foam or anything to strengthen it?? I would be SO bummed if it broke just from wearing it ... :/

Also, the Reach Magnum you are seeing in one of the pics was NOT made by me. It was made by a talented 405th member named Kwameninja who takes commissions to make weapons. Check out his stuff!

Photo315-1.jpg

--My kat helmet and anything kat related was moved to its own thread so that the 2 projects dont overlap. So feel free to check it out, the link is right below this in my signature :)

You could always Rondo the areas that are a little weak. You could pour a little in the affected area, lay a piece of fiber glass cloth or matte down, press it into the Rondo, then pour a bit more over that to strengthen it up a bit. Hope this helps. Everything looks great!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back