Private Anthony Carmine Reporting For Duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turgid Sturgeon

Hello Noob forum! Before I post my pics, I'd just like to say that this is my second pep helmet, my first being the EVA that my friend SilverZippo93 glassed and resined for me, but attempts to vacuform it failed so now its just a show piece. This time around I made the Carmine helmet from the Project Carmine thread, the one modeled by agbates and unfolded by mks81.

I intend on glassing the inside (after I remove the eye pieces) and finding some blue glasses to pop the lenses out and sand down to fit in the eye pieces. And if all things go as planned, I'll put blue LED's in the forehead light and side headset (sadly there's no way to make the eyes glow like in the game and still be able to see past the glare).

These were taken from my laptop, so please excuse the poor quality. When I update my progress I'll try to use a better camera.

3022163073_7b558a8731.jpg

Picture0021.jpg

Picture0027.jpg

Picture0023.jpg

Picture0026.jpg

very nice pepping... a little warped on the top of the head, but nothing that bondo won't be able to fixe...

Are you planning on doing a complete suit?

Thanks for all the positive feedback! Yeah, the top is a bit bent from when it fell of it's stand while I was on vacation. Those circles were a bit of a pain, but I think I did a pretty good job. I think if the helmet turns out well enough, I'll start the rest of the COG set. The peps on here are great.

Benjamin Carmine is better...

Great job on the folding, i hope that the glassing goes well... i had thought about folding this helm, but it seems like a tuff one. Did you have any real tricky parts?

keep us posted.

DreadMullet said:
Benjamin Carmine is better...

Great job on the folding, i hope that the glassing goes well... i had thought about folding this helm, but it seems like a tuff one. Did you have any real tricky parts?

keep us posted.

I guess he did live longer...

I think the the toughest part was the headset, and I'm sure the little wings on his forehead will be hard to glass from the inside, since they are thinner than the Mjolnir visor/brim and I've read plenty of complaints about glassing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
mc hammer time said:
This might be a helm that you would reinforce with plastic instead of glass, since it is so complicated.

Thanks for the advice! I only know how to glass and resin, so if you could point me to a tutorial on using plastic for reinforcement, it would be very appreciated.

Turgid Sturgeon said:
Thanks for the advice! I only know how to glass and resin, so if you could point me to a tutorial on using plastic for reinforcement, it would be very appreciated.

Smooth-on 320... it's a 2 part resin. Mix the 2 part in equal amount than pour it in the helmet (after you have put some resin on the outside) and slush it around intil it gets hard (3 minutes) than make another small batch and slush it around until you have the thinkness you desire and you have covered everything.

There should be some tutorial in the molding section... I don't like fiberglass, so I do this for every part of armor I do. (I never do more than 1/2 cup at a time to get the smoothest uniform coat)

hope it helps

SteelSpartan said:
Smooth-on 320... it's a 2 part resin. Mix the 2 part in equal amount than pour it in the helmet (after you have put some resin on the outside) and slush it around intil it gets hard (3 minutes) than make another small batch and slush it around until you have the thinkness you desire and you have covered everything.

There should be some tutorial in the molding section... I don't like fiberglass, so I do this for every part of armor I do. (I never do more than 1/2 cup at a time to get the smoothest uniform coat)

hope it helps

Thanks! If it preserves more of the detail I'll be sure to check it out!

That is a very great job that you have done on the Helmet. I am currently working on my helmet as well and as u stated some of the smaller pieces and circles are a pain but im glad to see someone has toughed it out!

nice job mate GL on all the glassing and bondoing stage. I didnt get mine correct the first time since it was rushed but the second time it was a winner. im still detailing it rigorously. great job once again

absolutely amazing! i can't wait until you get this finished. can you give me the link to the pep files for this helmet?

You can find the file here. It is the model that agbates did that I unfolded. Sorry for some of the tricky spots
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back