Spartan1313's Agent Maine (RvB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome progress so far. Here's a nice video on attaching foam armor to an under suit by Jeremie over at Armory Props. Hope this helps! :D

Yes! That definitely helps, I am totally going to use that system now... and that is a good point about the velcro, I never really thought about how that would rough up the bodysuit. Thanks vshore!

Photoon3-19-14at503PM2_zps5b56f4c9.jpg

Photoon3-19-14at500PM2_zpsfe2e6b78.jpg

Wooohoooo! I got a lot of work done on the chest piece today!

Attachments

• Photoon3-19-14at503PM2_zps5b56f4c9.jpg
    Photoon3-19-14at503PM2_zps5b56f4c9.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 422
  • Photoon3-19-14at500PM2_zpsfe2e6b78.jpg
    Photoon3-19-14at500PM2_zpsfe2e6b78.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 577
You absolutely certain on the size of that chest piece? As far as all the references I've seen go, the top edges should sit just above your armpits.

Good work, regardless.

You absolutely certain on the size of that chest piece? As far as all the references I've seen go, the top edges should sit just above your armpits.

Good work, regardless.

Arcanine, it looks to be almost the same position as on Maine. keep in mind it fits perfectly width wise, but I am not quite strong enough to throw a jeep, so I don't think it will quite fit me the same. Thanks though, it is good to hear that I am doing well with the foam.

http://s3.roosterteeth.com/images/AgentMaine244ede39f9772e1.jpg

I personally think the only prob with it is up and down wise. Thats the only thing wrong with it otherwise. Good Job!!

Well I got a lot more done today. The torso is finished and I moved on to the Security shoulders meta wears in season 10. I am glad that I planned to make it a season 9 and 10 Maine, because I have like no motion whatsoever with this thing on. This is definitely a first half of con only kinda attachment.

Photoon3-19-14at919PMcopy_zpsaf81c212.png

Attachments

• Photoon3-19-14at919PMcopy_zpsaf81c212.png
    Photoon3-19-14at919PMcopy_zpsaf81c212.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 208
This is definitely a first half of con only kinda attachment.

Its good that you have that kind of mindset with it, but honestly its really hard to take off parts at a Con. You get so used to it you dont even notice lol.

Its good that you have that kind of mindset with it, but honestly its really hard to take off parts at a Con. You get so used to it you dont even notice lol.

Well, I figured there are really two types of armor, there are the pristine things you wear to cons, where often functionality is sacrificed for aesthetics, and then there are the kinds that you can use in action sequences in youtube. My hope is that I can make action sequences with the Season 9 Maine (from playing around I know the top half has a good range of motion) and have the Season 10 Meta for when I don't plan on moving too much.

Well I made the scout attachment and the right Security Shoulder. I think the chest piece is perfect, but I scaled the security shoulder down slightly so that I could move my shoulder more. what do you think?
maine_zps9d7980a5.png

Attachments

• maine_zps9d7980a5.png
    maine_zps9d7980a5.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 205
Well I made the scout attachment and the right Security Shoulder. I think the chest piece is perfect, but I scaled the security shoulder down slightly so that I could move my shoulder more. what do you think?

Scout attachment looks great. I don't think you will be unhappy with the decision to scale down the shoulder based on your stated intent for the costume. I echo NoMaybeYes, it is good to have a realistic mindset about what you expect from the costume. I built to match the screen and can barely touch my chin as well as come away with bruises from every outing. Oddly enough, I have the exact same range of motion that my reference 12-inch McFarlane spartan has (not much). You'll be happier not being an absolute slave to scale.

Redshirt

Alright, I finished all the foam bits and pieces, so now I can plastidip it all! I bought two cans of it when I bought the first pile of foam, and we'll see how far all that goes. How much dip does a whole suit take?

I just completed plasti-dip'in my whole Exo-suit and it took roughly two cans. That was with two coats for the whole thing. Mine is a full body suit, from the toes to the neck... all EVA foam, so you should be good. NOTE: I don't know if it was the temperature or what, but my last can sprayed "chunky" like spackle or bedliner. It is about 45F here now. I am hoping that it all self levels.

I just completed plasti-dip'in my whole Exo-suit and it took roughly two cans. That was with two coats for the whole thing. Mine is a full body suit, from the toes to the neck... all EVA foam, so you should be good. NOTE: I don't know if it was the temperature or what, but my last can sprayed "chunky" like spackle or bedliner. It is about 45F here now. I am hoping that it all self levels.

It's the temperature. 65 to 75 is best time for Plasti dip plus keep it out of the Sunlight while applying.

This looks great btw.

For some reason I've noticed there are two different tips the plasti-dip cans come in, one is beefy while the other is like a small cheap looking nozzle. The small ones seem to sputter all the time while the bigger nozzles spray nicely. No idea why there would be different nozzles haha. Also temperature affects it as Ryno had mentioned.

For some reason I've noticed there are two different tips the plasti-dip cans come in, one is beefy while the other is like a small cheap looking nozzle. The small ones seem to sputter all the time while the bigger nozzles spray nicely. No idea why there would be different nozzles haha. Also temperature affects it as Ryno had mentioned.

I bought this tip, but I use the kit now which includes a sprayer.
ude3asan.jpg
http://www.dipyourcar.com/

Attachments

• ude3asan.jpg
    ude3asan.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 187
While I wait for the weather to warm up, I have decided that I am totally going to attempt to make Meta's Signature Brute shot. I spent a while slicing up the model today, I only hope I have enough foam left, as it is unlikely I will be allowed to purchase more.

Photoon3-25-14at558PM_zps3c9a6f67.jpg

Attachments

• Photoon3-25-14at558PM_zps3c9a6f67.jpg
    Photoon3-25-14at558PM_zps3c9a6f67.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 194
Your build is coming along really nicely, I'd love to see how your brute shot turns out if you decide to give it a whirl. Good luck on it!

Ok, so I put a second coat of resin on my pepped out EVA helmet. it was 60 degrees out, so I figured it would take a while for the helmet to cure. I wanted it to hurry up and stop stinking up my garage, so I tried using my heat gun on it to speed the reaction up a little. Lo and behold, my helmet has cured in under 2 hours. Granted it still released the same amount of fumes that would normally be released over 24 hours in like 20 minutes, so I recommend anyone trying it has a box fan and/or an air filter. I don't know if anyone else has tried this before, but if not, I definitely suggest it.

Well, I plastidipped my armor. it feels very comfy compared to the fiberglass stuff I pepped out, and it is so flexible :) I picked up my undersuit recently as well, so now I have an all black thing going hahaha. I still need to get the gloves and the little handplate made, but that shouldn't be hard.

Plastidippedarmor_zps5cf8cad2.png

I am still trying to figure out what to do for the helmet. Apparently the buck for Armory Props broke at some point, so I have to either wait for them to fix it or figure out my own solution.

Attachments

• Plastidippedarmor_zps5cf8cad2.png
    Plastidippedarmor_zps5cf8cad2.png
    380.4 KB · Views: 216
I painted my white base coat over the plastidip today, and wow, it suddenly is really coming together!

Photoon4-8-14at736PM_zpsa61a6fb9.jpg

Though it doesn't show up in this photo, there is a very slight texture to the spray paint left over by the plastidip and foam. How many coats does it normally take for this to go away? if ever?

Attachments

• Photoon4-8-14at736PM_zpsa61a6fb9.jpg
    Photoon4-8-14at736PM_zpsa61a6fb9.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back