vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the DP. You posted while I was replying to another post,lol.
Here are the links you were wanting Jonus. And every one else for that matter.

Gloves
Sorry Jonus, I gave the wrong price. They are 15.99. I'll edit my previous post to show this. My bad buddy.
Under Armor
Hope this helps.

Ha, no worries. I got a little excited though, thinking I could get them cheaper. But since I'm in Canada everything is more expensive in the end anyways because of shipping.

Thanks M, you're too kind. I don't have any of my reference pics on my home computer to be able to explain how I measured it. I do believe I had to scale though. Tomorrow I will get some info up for you that will hopefully help you out.:)

No prob man. :-D and yeah if you want to PM me you can. That would be great!

I like the gloves and underarmor, i might think about getting something like that too :)

Lookin awesome VShore!!! What type of helmet liner did you get?? It looks nice!! Might wana do that with my next helmet :D

No prob man. :-D and yeah if you want to PM me you can. That would be great!

I like the gloves and underarmor, i might think about getting something like that too :)
Ok M, sorry for the late reply. The internet was down all day yesterday at work. Any way, I have some photos below that you can use as a reference to figure out how much you need to scale the CQB chest attachment. I thought I would post them here rather than PM just in case any one else needs them. You will need to have the chest already scaled and pepped (if you haven't already) so you can take your measurements from that. Then measure and scale the chest attachment.
36041338-Full-1.jpg

36041434-Full.jpg

gallery_3386_5_205619.jpg

02CQB-2.jpg

One of the main things to be careful of is making sure the straps line up with the recesses toward the top of the chest. See pic below where I have marked.
med_gallery_11_36391.jpg

I hope this helps man, let me know if you need anything else.

Lookin awesome VShore!!! What type of helmet liner did you get?? It looks nice!! Might wana do that with my next helmet :D
Thanks matt! I got the helmet for Father's day from Amazon. Head over to page 12 to see photos of it. A link to the helmet is here.

Hope this helps and thanks again for replying and checking out my thread. :D

Ok M, sorry for the late reply. The internet was down all day yesterday at work. Any way, I have some photos below that you can use as a reference to figure out how much you need to scale the CQB chest attachment. I thought I would post them here rather than PM just in case any one else needs them. You will need to have the chest already scaled and pepped (if you haven't already) so you can take your measurements from that. Then measure and scale the chest attachment.
One of the main things to be careful of is making sure the straps line up with the recesses toward the top of the chest. See pic below where I have marked.
med_gallery_11_36391.jpg

I hope this helps man, let me know if you need anything else.

Hope this helps and thanks again for replying and checking out my thread. :D

No worries V, sometimes i cant make it on everyday so its ok :) and yeah i was actually gonna suggest you just post it on here rather than PM me so others could potentially see lol. but you beat me to it :p. And alright thanks for the advise, ill do the chest first then. I have not built anything but the helmet yet. and one shoulder. Im kinda moving slow, but i wanna make sure everything is the way i want it so lol. Thanks again man.:D

I had an ex who could move like that.... LOL j/k

GIGGIDY?? LMAO

You'er still doing amazing work on this build, I love it. And further more That is one sweet set up for the under armor you go going there. I'm looking forward to see more ( like who wouldn't).

Love the work bro. I started a cqb build once I saw yours. You have even worked out all of the kinks...so I don't even have to think...just build. Thanks for sharing all of your work. Keep the pics coming. I can't wait to see it complete.

You'er still doing amazing work on this build, I love it. And further more That is one sweet set up for the under armor you go going there. I'm looking forward to see more ( like who wouldn't).
Thanks so much thorn. I appreciate the kind words.
Love the work bro. I started a cqb build once I saw yours. You have even worked out all of the kinks...so I don't even have to think...just build. Thanks for sharing all of your work. Keep the pics coming. I can't wait to see it complete.
Thanks. I am really glad I can inspire others to take on builds like this.:)

Small Update...

I had to resin a few commission parts so I decided to go ahead and finish up fiberglassing my Mk. VI torso while I had everything out. Now on to getting that baby looking slick. I didn't bother with pics for just that little bit of work, hope you guys can forgive me. Stay tuned and keep building!!!:D

Thanks so much thorn. I appreciate the kind words.

Thanks. I am really glad I can inspire others to take on builds like this.:)

Small Update...

I didn't bother with pics for just that little bit of work, hope you guys can forgive me. Stay tuned and keep building!!!:D

AWWWWWW :-( lmao no worries, thanks for the update :)

Really like the way you went about painting on the CQB. I thought about just spray painting the whole thing my desired color and then taking a paint brush to it for the black detailing, but taping it seems to be faster and cleaner. Helmet looks amazing ^_^

gotta build this one next... using this helmet in reach at the moment, so having one of these babies is a must for me...

gotta build this one next... using this helmet in reach at the moment, so having one of these babies is a must for me...

Awesome man! Be sure to start a build thread when you have plenty of pics to show us!

Gday Vshore100, I found this thread from reading Meade352mxs' CQB build thread. Your work is amazing! I'm starting a build shortly with a CQB helmet, among other parts from Security and EVA perms, so I will definitely be looking at this thread for help, if you don't mind! Can't wait for the next update!

Hey, Vshorte100, thank you so much for being so detailed in how you do your work, it's been great to see someone else taking a lot of time and pictures, as it is really helping me with getting not only the work done, but keeping the motivation as well.

Anyway, I'm off for some more alcohol and then a shower and then bed. 0120 in the morning and I've only been off work for about 45 minutes. Can't wait for another update!

Gday Vshore100, I found this thread from reading Meade352mxs' CQB build thread. Your work is amazing! I'm starting a build shortly with a CQB helmet, among other parts from Security and EVA perms, so I will definitely be looking at this thread for help, if you don't mind! Can't wait for the next update!
You may definitely use my thread as reference. Thanks for the compliments!
Hey, Vshorte100, thank you so much for being so detailed in how you do your work, it's been great to see someone else taking a lot of time and pictures, as it is really helping me with getting not only the work done, but keeping the motivation as well.

Anyway, I'm off for some more alcohol and then a shower and then bed. 0120 in the morning and I've only been off work for about 45 minutes. Can't wait for another update!

Your welcome! I am really glad I can inspire and motivate! Good luck with your build.

That's an amazing build and all those progress pictures are a really helpful tutorial.

I wanted to add this kind of carving details to my visor but I'm afraid I'll screw it up.

That's an amazing build and all those progress pictures are a really helpful tutorial.

I wanted to add this kind of carving details to my visor but I'm afraid I'll screw it up.

Thanks so much for the comment Zero. I'm glad my build has helped you. Don't be afraid to go for the visor detail work man. It really isn't that hard buddy. I did it without any tape to protect the visor and it turned out fine. Just take your time, you can do it.

I really haven't had much time to work on my build lately, life really knows how to get in the way, that and pep commissions. I hope to be back on it in the next week or two though. Thanks to all have viewed my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back