WORT! WORT! WORT! (translation) My Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah! a massive thumbs up to this build!
i have an elite on my list of builds and youve given me alot of help, thanks man :D
im looking forward to see it finished!

nat

I still can't get over the builds people are doing with Cardboard... Cardboard of all things!
It looks fantastic, dude. Keep doing what you're doing because you're doing something right!

i have an elite on my list of builds and youve given me alot of help, thanks man
biggrin.png

im looking forward to see it finished!

Thanks alot, I'd recomend that you build the stilts a couple months before you build the suit, so that you can practice and get used to them, so you can figure out how the armor moves....way different then a human.

Hey guys, quick question. Does Bondo crack or chip if its rubbing a against another armor Piece? Cause I can see potential rubbing on several parts of the Elite Armor.
I'm thinking of Resining the inside with Fiber glass matt, then Resining the Outside.
After that Bondo...tons of sanding, and detailing...more bondo...more sanding...more detailing. then what? Throw some Paint on there? Or is there another layer of just resin to further harden the bondo and to protect against chipping? Without sacrificing the grooves in the armor?
I've never used Bondo, or resin...I'm a cardboarder and PaperMache guy.

i wouldnt say it would chip by rubbing another piece but if a corner of one hits another you might and i mean might get a chip. i recommend rondo for this sort of problem. its more resilient in my opinion (easier to sand as well)

Ok, I'm also Turning this into a Master Chief and Elite Progress, Cause I decide to turn it into an Elite and MC thread. I'm too lazy to start another thread just for a repaint.

this is what I had before....

35120_1548907930977_1483440484_31432508_3233484_n.jpg

IMAG0013-1.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

Draw out an approximate sketch on cardboard, then cut it out and eyeball it then if it looks ok, then I build off of that.

Found the other long lost picture of the armor:
35120_1548907970978_1483440484_31432509_2295560_n.jpg

It includes my little brother for size reference..he's almost 6 foot. So I look huge in the amor...proportionally I hope.

Alright thanks! Cause peping everything is starting to annoy me and give me headaches.

Amen to that, bud. I think i'll just end up peppeing the pieces i'm have the most dificulty with. My helmets been pepped but the chest piece is to small. i think i'll just scratch build it and use the pep model for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back