Props 1911 To M6d

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think it would work unless you make the pistol gigantic to cover the long barrel of the 1911 it wont work instead i sudgest using a p22 or a sig sauer style gun

box o crayons said:
i dont think it would work unless you make the pistol gigantic to cover the long barrel of the 1911 it wont work instead i sudgest using a p22 or a sig sauer style gun

yea I have a p22 and a baby eagle but i dont want to scratch that. Thanks for the idea

Last edited by a moderator:
box o crayons said:
yea no problem and if you use the 1911 then the handle will be out of preportion and are these real guns or fake
100% real. I will be liable for what goes on with them.

i am not very knowledgeable on how tough fiberglass is, but i wouldnt put it on the pistol action even if you did find a suitable match.

i'm not sure it could handle the stresses and fatigue, even if the screws would.

A fiberglass housing is perfectly feasible, and the 1911 Springfield is definitely a good idea for a base model.

How are you figuring on affixing the fiberglass body to the upper slide? I'd like seeing how you will work it around the hammer.

And a quick question: Is the Springfield the model with the 5" barrel? I know they sell other versions with shorter ones, as I am going to purchase one this week. :D

Oh - and I may just think about modding my Sig, now that it's been mentioned. It's a surplus one, so I won't be too worried about scratching it. :)

Keep up the good work, DeadAndBroken! Kudos for going 100% real!

Be VERY careful modifying a functioning weapon. ATF loves to go after people who modify weapons that don't have a gunsmith license. It is illegal in most states to modify a firearm so as to alter the look or function or the original design, unless authorized by the ATF or manufacturer. That's why stocks, access. and upgrade kits have to be approved by the ATF prior to release to the general population. And posting it up here raises a big flag for them to see...

Skyman said:
i am not very knowledgeable on how tough fiberglass is, but i wouldnt put it on the pistol action even if you did find a suitable match.

i'm not sure it could handle the stresses and fatigue, even if the screws would.

Things that are made of fiberglass...
ChevroletCorvette.jpg

bottomspray.jpg

51hHRkCXI9L._SurfingandAccessories_.jpg

Rock.jpg

it sounds like it would be a fun project im sure it can be done an be safe about it

Always wanted a 1911 there so much fun to shoot

I know you don't want to scratch or damage it but the baby eagle ( actually the .50 cal eagle) is almost the same action as the m6 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back