2 Master Chief VI - Completed - More Updates Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! I really liked the video too. I've been thinking about using foam for my next suit. The fiberglass is a good method but I can't do it anymore because the weather is getting colder. Hopefully I can get a suit done with foam soon. Keep up the good work!

I know this sounds like a broken record, but very nice work! Beware the mini-Chief! Make sure to keep us updated. The suit looks too cool to keep us out of the loop.

That is one great (mini) Master Cheif foam armor I've ever seen. I love it.

Thank you. You inspired me with your foam suit. Hopefully I can make a HD Master Chief out of foam.

Awesome! I really liked the video too. I've been thinking about using foam for my next suit. The fiberglass is a good method but I can't do it anymore because the weather is getting colder. Hopefully I can get a suit done with foam soon. Keep up the good work!

You should check Sandy's suits. She made 2 suits out of foam in a short time.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but very nice work! Beware the mini-Chief! Make sure to keep us updated. The suit looks too cool to keep us out of the loop.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm planning my next video as I made updates. I'll keep everyone updated.

Christmas is not only good for presents. It is also good for armor making.

I'm not a professional electrician so I don't plan to make a lighting system for MC. So I went to stores and hunt for a simple lighting system using Christmas lights. Here is a battery powered LED lights I bought from Wegman's for $3.99.
b0c51c43.jpg

Here is one of the thigh being tested with the lights.
2884df41.jpg

Here is a partial shin with the lights.
5a4780d6.jpg

In the next several days I should be done with the shins. Then I will work on the cod.

Finally I finished both shins of Master Chief VI. Took me about 6 hours for both of them and just some paint and they are wearable.

Sorry about the bad quality photos from my old iPhone camera, but here they are.
3619c2d5.jpg

Side view.
31dc7340.jpg

Completed thighs and shins.
aa506ce5.jpg

A comparison of fiberglassed LD thigh and shin and the foam version.
d9c89ee6.jpg

Next up, cod.

You think I would buy your build?

Yes, that is called spamming and is subjected to warning and possibly banned.

Exactly. He's posted this on 4 different threads. Sorry to intrude on your thread. Just thought it was rude for him to post his item on your personal build.

Nice build btw. Really digging it! :)

Since no comments, I guess I will just keep posting new updates.

I finished the cod. It is a LD cod - I added foamies to put more details. Here is my son trying out the cod, thighs and shins.
IMG_2117.jpg

They are a little big. Hopefully my son will grow two inches by Halloween next year.
IMG_2119.jpg

Side view.
IMG_2120.jpg

In less than 24 hours work time, I completed half of the armor in foam. I'm loving EVA foam.

Next up, the boots. I should upload a new video soon. Check my channel below for a quick tutorial on how to use foam.

Nice job so far, I'll admit I like the foam method better than pep also, can't wait to see how the boots turn out

Thank you! I'm hoping that he will even impress more if I can update the suit with LED lights.

Here is a quick update. I've finally finished one of the boots. Took me more than 7 hours to complete the right boot - which involved measuring and cutting the left boot as well. Here is what I have.

The end result is quite impressive, I must say. :)
5053a804.jpg

Here is the boot side by side with my son's shoe.
30053b5f.jpg

Here is my son trying out the boot.
80dd1352.jpg

Side view, looks the right size.
16d57d51.jpg

Finally, I posted a video explaining the boot. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished making the left boot in less than 2 hours. Some finishing touches and some paint then I'm done.

Here I am having some fun with my camera. Let me know what you think.

If this is not love for your kids, I don't know what is. Its always great to see parents do this kind of thing with and for their kids, fantastic work!

Been a month since I posed any updates. Sadly there is no update. I will post more updates when the weather is warmer.

Anyway, my son has been practicing playing Halo theme song for a few months now. Still some mistake but good enough for now.

Enjoy!

Been a month since I posed any updates. Sadly there is no update. I will post more updates when the weather is warmer.

Anyway, my son has been practicing playing Halo theme song for a few months now. Still some mistake but good enough for now.

-snip-

Enjoy!

We may never Know the Chief's face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back