2 Master Chief VI - Completed - More Updates Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolC

2 Master Chief VI - Page 9 for more updates

I finally finished my kids Master Chief's costumes. The costumes took me more than 10 months. I am actually at the stage of fatigue. The only thing I need to do is put some industrial velcro on them and hang each piece to my kids clothes.

I originally thought I was done. I cannot resist the urge to go extra mile. Here's what I have coming. Hopefully I can post the finished costumes before Halloween.

Here is a link to one of the finished helmet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625915@N05/5073538851/

I bought some LED lights from Radio Shack, but they were not powerful enough. Today I found some LED lights from 99 cent store.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625915@N05/5073538957/

Here is what the LED looks like unpacked. It fits perfectly on the helmet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625915@N05/5073539027/

This is a test of the light.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625915@N05/5073539111/

Here is a fan with a 9v battery I bought from Radio Shack. These will go in the chin of the helmet to circulate air.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51625915@N05/5074136496/

Will keep everyone posted with the rest of the project.

Silly question. Does anyone know how to post the photos directly to the forum. I know I did it once, but I couldn't figure it out.

Not sure if you deleted your post or not, but the finished suits looked great. Your kids are gonna be mobbed like rockstars ;)

I'm really having a hard time posting the photos. They only show up as link. Any idea how? I'm trying to repost but no luck.

OK. I think I got it. Took me a while. I use computer everyday, but getting this to work is a puzzle to me.

My kids did a try out of their costumes. Everything fits. Except some pieces broke - especially on areas that I neglect to fiberglassed. As you can see, not all pieces are HD. They will be wearing them just for this Halloween. I did not see the reason to go all HD. Still some work needs to be done especially the lights on the helmet. Hopefully they can vow their friends at school.

My son with the Hayabusa helmet.
0007.jpg

Need to velcro that piece on.
0008.jpg

Posing outside with my young son.
0009.jpg

0010.jpg

Now they try their other helmets.
0011.jpg

0012.jpg

Solo shots.
0014.jpg

0015.jpg

0006.jpg

Final post for the day.
0016.jpg

Kids have big heads, it's nature. Besides, now they don't have to make more buckets for when they sprout a couple more feet ;)

BTW, looks freaking amazing, way to go "Super"CoolC

Those kids must be the happiest kids in the world, they look awesome. I wouldn't mind having one of those ear lights, not necessarily for my costume, it just looks cool

Kids have big heads, it's nature. Besides, now they don't have to make more buckets for when they sprout a couple more feet ;)

BTW, looks freaking amazing, way to go "Super"CoolC

Proportionally kids have bigger heads compare to adult. Their heads contain brains the size of an adult. My younger son is 6 and his head is as big as my 9 year old. The MC helmets actually feel a little tight after the visor and padding are added.

To make them more comfortable, I cut a hole where the hoses are (front chin) and attached a small fan powered by a 9V battery. My kids say they feel cool breeze coming in their helmet.

Wow excellent work! I bet the kids are LOVING wearing their suits and are so excited to show everyone!! You are up for the coolest dad this halloween award!

Funny thing though as soon as Halloween is over and they come back from trick-or-treating I can hear them saying "ok Dad, what are you going to make us for next year?".. haha I know my daughter would say something like that! Gotta love kids.

TWO big thumbs up for the kids costumes, very well done and I hope your hard work was well worth it to see them excited about what you made them!

Awesome job on the suits. That must be really cool to have two little spartans running around.
A cool idea would be to make suits for them each year, and line them up next to each other, so that you have a progression to see what warriors they started as, and what they grew into.

Funny thing though as soon as Halloween is over and they come back from trick-or-treating I can hear them saying "ok Dad, what are you going to make us for next year?"..

My son already asked me to work on ODST for next year...I don't know...The time and effort are just too much. My wife is very impressed though. She hasn't stopped me from working on the costumes. :)

wow those suit look awsome good job on scaling aswell

Thanks! When I first started, I was struggling with the scaling. It was trial and error. Mid-way through the project, I found the perfect formula. I'm glad that I was able to complete the suits on time for next week.

WOW... Lucky Lucky Kids.. Amazing armor build! ^-^
Why Can't my dad be as cool as you?

Wanna adopt me? I promise I am a good "kid" LOL.. so kidding.. but seriously.. good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back