2007 california wild fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

This is semi-old. I just moved to cali last year. But one day i woke up to got to school. Ended up it was canceled and we ad to evacuate later. Being a fire cared me. Origannly bein from texas im used to tornados and hurricanes but nothing like this. I was gone for 6 days at a hotel. with a ragein wild fire out my window. Many of my friends lost everything(but there ok now) but this is one of my biggest diaster ever. Were any of you in this or been in another diaster like this.

PS I was cryin when i saw the hill out my window on NATIONAL TV.

i feel sorry for you man.

but, my opinion of how people handled things during the fire is not so good. Did you see the news report where the people said that they had no time to get out of their house before it was engulfed in flames? i did, and all i have to say is bullcrap. you had plenty of time. as soon as you heard about a wildfire that was coming in you direction you shoulda gathered your stuff and hauled ass.

im sorry for your loss dude, but some things just dont make sense to me.

yeah it didnt come are way for a while...we got out in plenty of time. but the ashes in my yard were is mass amounts. I luckily didnt lose anything...but some close friends did. so i feel bad for them

Im sorry dude. That was a huge fire. Even though it was pretty far from where I live, there were still bits of ash and fumes in the air.

and it smelled so bad...i wore a mask for a few days...i didnt get to eat lunch at school(outside tables not cafateria)

I know what you mean. The fumes that drifted down past my school made everything look in a shade of orange. And it smelled. I got some really band asthma that day.

SpArtan-270 said:
I know what you mean. The fumes that drifted down past my school made everything look in a shade of orange. And it smelled. I got some really band asthma that day.

Yeah so did my bro. And are AC was just eww. I didnt like this at all! But they did put off the biggest history projest of the year for one week.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was about 10 or 11, there was a pretty bad forest fire about 10 kilometers outside of town limits. No one was really worried about it, except the people in the neighboring town, but all they had to worry about was a flanker landing on their side of the river.

It was really cool watching the water bombers and the firefighters fighting the fire, but it was too much to handle for them.

Then one day it rained really really hard and it killed the fire.

abandonship said:
despite how i feel about how some people handled some things, i hope everything turns out ok.

I was no where even near the fire. But the fumes and stuff still drifted near the area where I lived and caused some air problems and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back