27-29 May 2022 Phoenix FanFusion! Costume up and Join Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redshirt

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S980
Join the 405th team from the Tucson and Phoenix area to infect FanFusion with our fandom!

Who:
405th members and Halo fans from across the Southwest hosted by the Phoenix/Tucson team
What: Phoenix FanFusion
When: 27-29 May 2022
Where: Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, AZ
Why: Because it's the first big CON in the region to stand back up as COVID winds down
How: We are formally-invited cosplayers with our own 20x20 firebase to display our props and costumes, meet the public, and host a place for our cosplayers to relax, make repairs and socialize.
COST: Most likely FREE for as many cosplayers and handlers as we can on the days you are supporting the booth firebase!
We are going to have a several complimentary passes available. You experienced guys know how it is, we don't have the passes in hand yet so we don't want to over promise and under deliver. The earlier you give us a commitment, the more FREE passes we can source.

Here's the link:

Phoenix FanFusion

Here's the poster:
405th at FF.jpg

Please let us know if you can make it and on what days. Specific commitments really help our planning. This is a huge event for the Southwest Regiment that needs to be approached in an organized fashion. From Friday through Sunday we need people to man the booth and have at least one costumed player on hand at all times. We will operate a recruiting booth with cosplay support (including emergency repair). We would like to do a panel as part of our recruiting effort, but need to know we can fully support the manning needs of the booth firebase first.

20210731_100918_HDR~2.jpg

If you are planning to go and need a place to stay, there are special hotel rates through the web site. These will fill fast. Their weapon and prop rules are fairly restrictive, so make sure you read them. We are working to get a more liberal policy for the props displayed as opposed to those our costumed members carry around. Keep watching this space for details.

Timmy, our mascot

See you in May.

Redshirt
Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass

Last edited:
Been rather inactive for the last few years, but I should be there in a new suit.

Bump! Looks like we have 7-9 fully-committed Spartans, ODSTs and Marines. We can definitely use some more! Reach out to us if you can make it. Help me get into my comfort zone about full-time booth manning with just a couple more commitments. We have a fantastic 20 x 20 space on the end of a row. That gives up plenty of display and 'photo with a spartan' space. It is going to be a great time.

Redshirt

I might have a few things from my past jobs history to maybe help fill out the booth, I have a Chief poster from Dave and Busters and a Plack from Fireteam Raven. Might see if I have anything from my time while on MCC along with any old props and armor

I might have a few things from my past jobs history to maybe help fill out the booth, I have a Chief poster from Dave and Busters and a Plack from Fireteam Raven. Might see if I have anything from my time while on MCC along with any old props and armor
Awesome! We should have lots of vertical and table space.
Redshirt

Hi! Brand new to the 405th but wife and I already have weekend passes to phoenix fan fusion so we'll definitely spin by! I'm currently 3d printing a gen III mk VII suit and should have it fully printed and assembled by the con but it'll be unpainted. The pieces I already have done still look pretty cool though (Everything is in black plastic) so I'm hoping it'll look okay! Wife's going as Cortana and has her cosplay is complete! We're planning to volunteer at the be the match booth a bit but we can probably help out at the 405th too! (assuming some newbies are okay) Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi! Brand new to the 405th but wife and I already have weekend passes to phoenix fan fusion so we'll definitely spin by! I'm currently 3d printing a gen III mk VII suit and should have it fully printed and assembled by the con but it'll be unpainted. The pieces I already have done still look pretty cool though (Everything is in black plastic) so I'm hoping it'll look okay! Wife's going as Cortana and has her cosplay is complete! We're planning to volunteer at the be the match booth a bit but we can probably help out at the 405th too! (assuming some newbies are okay) Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hell yeah Newbies are OK. We'd love to have you two. I'll follow up in the coming days.

Redshirt
Current Project:
Needler Multimedia Arduino-Driven Animated Airsoft Prop (Everything the Neca Needler Could Have Been)

This rag tag motley crew has been thrown together. We've got a vet from Tucson who built a SPARTAN LASER IN HIS GARAGE. A ghillie ODST hiding somewhere out in northwest center of Arizona. A family of Spartan's in Glendale. This guy with some talented voice with quit a few 3d printers which at this point basically say he's our quarter master living somewhere in central Phoenix. Then their is me the mad man that lives in Chandler; so what's one more or two to our merry band.

Hey guys, Old-timer here. I wont have a costume this year, and i wont be able to work the booth, but I’ll definitely stop by to say hi! I’m a relatively established prop maker and i live in the northwest valley. I routinely do armor days at my place, and would love to build with a new generation of Spartans. A bunch of my good friends in fireteam phoenix will also have A bunch of new spartan kits to show off, I’m sure we will all see each other.

Hey guys, Old-timer here. I wont have a costume this year, and i wont be able to work the booth, but I’ll definitely stop by to say hi! I’m a relatively established prop maker and i live in the northwest valley. I routinely do armor days at my place, and would love to build with a new generation of Spartans. A bunch of my good friends in fireteam phoenix will also have A bunch of new spartan kits to show off, I’m sure we will all see each other.
Rosh!
Outstanding! We look forward too seeing you. Drop in and spend as much time as you can with us.

Redshirt
Current Project:
Needler Multimedia Arduino-Driven Animated Airsoft Prop (Everything the Neca Needler Could Have Been)

T-4 days whos ready!!!! I'm not....printers are still running and say they finish Wednesday night....anyway just wanted to touch base and see if there was any updates Redshirt for this weekend?

T-4 days whos ready!!!! I'm not....printers are still running and say they finish Wednesday night....anyway just wanted to touch base and see if there was any updates Redshirt for this weekend?
Gents,
I do have a bunch of e-mail info for exhibitors regarding booth setup and so forth. Please direct message me your e-mail addresses. Also, if you are on Discord, we are running a Fan Fusion server for real time coordination. Let me know your Discord handles and we'll add you!

Metro is setting up the booth Thursday night, I'll be in at 0800 Friday. We have to be ready by 0930 in the booth for the fire inspection. You don't have to be there for that, but if you want to come in before the event opens you'll need to come in via entrance E with an exhibitor badge. If you have regular visitor badges, let me know. If you don't, let me know.

Official CON hours for the visiting public are 10 am to 7 pm Friday and Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm Sunday. That is a lot of hours to keep the booth running. I want to schedule two-four hour blocks for at least three positions to man the booth, just so we know we have enough people at any given time. I'll be following up on that . . . .

Good luck with your printing ricky7! We have lots of space in the booth. If you need to, you can even set up and work on your armor so the public can see how we build.

Here is a map on the convention center. The second page of the section titled, "North Building | Lower Level" we are in Exhibition Hall 6 toward the lower right hand corner by the restrooms (Yay!).
PHX Convention Center Map

And here is the CON Exhibitor map. Best to use the search function and type, "405".
Fan Fusion Exhibitor Map

See you Friday!
Redshirt
Current Project:

Last edited:
Two days to Fan Fusion in Phoenix any other 405thers going to make it?! We have 13 attendees so far. At least six Spartans, a couple of ODSTs, some Marines and a Flood Combat Form are slated to make the desert drop. Come join us!

Redshirt
Current Project:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back