2nd Odst Helmet Attempt ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
med_gallery_12701_1025_241030.jpg

med_gallery_12701_1025_282962.jpg

med_gallery_12701_1025_358247.jpg

I didnt want to start a whole new thread, just to add on to my previous attempt where I left off ..

Finished Pepping my 2nd ODST over the last couple weeks .. this time I am starting over with the Landfall version. I think this one is a better base to start with. I spent maybe 12 hours so far, it was a little easier to make than the original. I hot glued a couple wire supports to get the face area lined up the way it should be.

Sorry its a little shiny in the pics. Any thoughts, suggestions ??

- Dan

The second attempt is a vast improvement! Is it resined yet, with the black paint, I can't quite tell. Just get it resined, bondoed and smoothed, and you'll have a great helmet there! Can't wait to see more.

carpathiavh99 said:
The second attempt is a vast improvement! Is it resined yet, with the black paint, I can't quite tell. Just get it resined, bondoed and smoothed, and you'll have a great helmet there! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks, its getting easier the second time around. The Black is actually Resin - I just put a little Pigment into the resin to give it color. Ive already started laying fiberglass strips in the inside of the helmet, just taking my time - I dont want this thing to warp.

- Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
med_gallery_12701_1025_164994.jpg

Moving along .. finished the Fiberglassing, Cut out the Visor, and started the long process of using body filler and sanding ... I love sanding. :rolleyes

Its starting to take shape now. I think on the backside of the helmet, I will be doing a little work to make it less rounded and straighter like it is supposed to be.

I am not sure on the front / face area though ... the WETA version is not recessed like the Pep file and would need to be brought out further, but should be easy to do. I was also looking at a concept drawing for the new game - it looks like the same area is recessed, and there are 2 fins coming out of the side pieces into the area. The mouth area looks more rounded also. I dont know if I need to snag a pic and show what I'm talking about here. Im up in the air for either one, go for realism .. or make it different ??

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back