2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawshwaa

whats good every one....this being my first post on here i'll keep it short and get to the goods...heres my second attempt at making a pep helmet.. my first attempt was an epic fail , but this one will be better now that i know what im doing

random027.jpg

random036.jpg

random032.jpg

random031.jpg

any feedback is appreciated ..i used the hot glue method on this one and it was way beter than using elmers glue....and yes this one is fs's model...i dont know why it didnt print any numbers on it.. but it doesnt seem to have hindered me that much....(i already built one)

i'll post more pices later of my first one that i call the "cholo"(youll get it when you see it)

jawshwaa

here are a few more pics that i took from different angles...

random031.jpg

random034.jpg

random038.jpg

random039.jpg

random019.jpg

random020.jpg

hope these give a better idea of how it looks .....im only half way done resining it and plan to actually fiberglass it soon
hopefully i can have this suit done by next halloween.....thanx for the welcome every one

dude nice job without the numbers! yeah the fs helm is that way u just have to add them in in the 2d options. i had teh same problem, but i fixed it and reprinted. i wasnt brave enough to try wth out them. kudo's dude

Well sir, that is one fine looking youngin' you got there. Very nice work, +10 for no by-the-numbers bs

JangoFett140 said:
dude nice job without the numbers! yeah the fs helm is that way u just have to add them in in the 2d options. i had teh same problem, but i fixed it and reprinted. i wasnt brave enough to try wth out them. kudo's dude

i thought i was nuts to go with it too...but this one only took me 2 days to do(with work and band practice (y) in between)..my first one with numbers took 5 days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reventorghini said:
So we've moved from spray paint to magic markers?

Amusing.

i dont know what possessed me to colour in the nose and one side of the details ...but not having cable will make you some weird things...seriously weird things

Last edited by a moderator:
heres a few more just for heckuv it...you can tell that it warped slightly on the under side of the visor...
but im its nothing a lil bondo wont cure

random049.jpg

alas poor spartan ...i knew you well....
random048.jpg

random047.jpg

these ones were done after i resined the inside of the helmet....hopefully by friday(payday!!) i can scrape together
some fiberglass mat and get this thang sturdy! i still have enough bondo left from my car to get this smooth...
and incase any one is wondering i did the assembled height at 26.5 cm...im 5'9'' (but with a big head :oops: lol)

not sure if i should post this in a new topic but to save space i'll put it in here....heres my first attempt at a mrk vi i made this one out of construction paper so i guess it was doomed to fail....any ways heres an example of why you shouldnt use construction paper...

random012.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

looking good so far right? well this happened after i started to glass it the first time..
random029.jpg

random030.jpg

i've dubbed this one the cholo...or the gangster chief...i dunno what to do with this one now...
but i let me friends kids wear it when they come over...helps keep them busy while we play halo...

i guess 2x posting is a no-no so while i apologize i figure i'll get away with it while im still posting as a noob...(man i wish i was an elite :mad: ) but any ways i put on another coat of resin on the inside of my helmet and put a coat of primer on it to see how much work i have instore for me smoothing this baby out.... but any ways here it is

master chief and master shake?
mrkvihelmetprimered001.jpg

mrkvihelmetprimered009.jpg

mrkvihelmetprimered010.jpg

mrkvihelmetprimered006.jpg

just a lil bit of drippy ness due to the resin...never seems to set right for me ....stupid nor cal weather
mrkvihelmetprimered005.jpg

and this isnt a halo related pic but just wanted to show me rocking guitar hero
random008.jpg

any ways i'll hopefully have some more stuff to post about over the weekend
thanx for every one that is reading and feel free to pester me about how i did mine if it helps you out lol

I love the last pic XD
The helmet is coming out great man, and again, yes printer paper is the worst decision you can make for pep.

so i got a lil ancy and trimmed around the opening so i could see if the thing would still fit...so wudd'ya think to big to small? i know having a big head and being skinny doesnt help without the rest of the suit on but ....all things in time..

so heres how big i cut around the bottom....i was thinking of using somekind of black fabric around the bottom so it closes around the collar..any suggestions? i was thinking like a thin foam or some kinduv elastic
mrkvihelmetprimered030.jpg

and heres the helemt on my dome....i think its the right size...
mrkvihelmetprimered018.jpg

so i'll try to get somemore up over the weekend when i get it glassed and bondo'd up a bit

p.s im not really a fan of under oath...its just my work shirt and i have been to lazy to change since i got home...
(just saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back