2Nd Times A Charm? My Mrk 6 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL that's awsome... Hey take the visor out and it can double as a Motocross helmet :p, Nice bike too, Is it yours? or a Buddy's?

The progress is looking great! I really like the job on the helm... so, I guess the question that begs to be asked is: Are you going to sport the armor on stage with your band? We had a band here in Dallas (i can't remember their f'n name) where the singer was dressed as a storm trooper... kooky but kinda fun to watch...

Well now... it's been a while since I've checked out this thread, lol.

Like mks81 said, I'm glad to see you back at it, buddy. From the look of things, you're continuing to do one helluva bang-up job on this build.

I know what it's like to be busy with other things and not being able to put much time in on one's projects (the last part of my SPNKr schematics has been sorta slow-going for the last week and a bit), but at least you're making progress ;)

i wanted to play in my armor on Halloween , but ,being a guitar player , it would be kinduv hard to play with gloves on , and having all that armor on would be hot ,(temperature) , i made a really nice scarecrow costume last halloween from batman ,and didnt wear it because the burlap got itchy (should have a made a baklava) and being uncomfortable on stage is a big buzz kill , but i finished my odst helmet though , i dont know if im gonna make a full suit of odst armor but i really like the helmet , its almost as iconic for me as the mrk 5 or even the 6 , but heres the goods , i scaled down1 cm just because on most people i see them on ,they look a lil big
vlcsnap-796001.png

vlcsnap-796961.png

vlcsnap-795329.png

sry if this is 2x posting/necromancing , but i've come a ways since i was last on here, and im in a mad rush to finish by halloween . 2 monthes seems like enough time to bust this out considering i just have a lil pepping to go , and fiberglassing.... but heres were im at now , thought i would get an idea from the pros if every thing looked sized right..

vlcsnap-2095512.png

vlcsnap-2095087.png

the belt is a hi def /low def hybrid , i used the hi def belt packs and the low def cod/but plate with some high def pieces as detail(oddly enough when scaled to the same size , they fit together like they were made for each other) so count down starts .... yesterday..wish me luck

Good luck bro!!!! Great to have you back....everything looks pretty good in the way of size to me.

It's looking pretty good so far.

I'm in a bit of a rush too to get my ODST DARE armor done in time for the release! :eek I only have a coule more pieces left to pep so I am excited about that! :D

As long as you use every little bit of free time you possibly have to work on your armor, you should be able to have it done in time for Halloween. I can't believe how much I already have pepped of my stuff and I have things that I had to alter since I am a chic and my body frame is a bit smaller too. :pI even had to remake a few pieces over and over! XD But from what you have done so far, you might be able to meet your deadline! :)

HaloGoddess said:
It's looking pretty good so far.

I'm in a bit of a rush too to get my ODST DARE armor done in time for the release! :eek I only have a coule more pieces left to pep so I am excited about that! :D

As long as you use every little bit of free time you possibly have to work on your armor, you should be able to have it done in time for Halloween. I can't believe how much I already have pepped of my stuff and I have things that I had to alter since I am a chic and my body frame is a bit smaller too. :pI even had to remake a few pieces over and over! XD But from what you have done so far, you might be able to meet your deadline! :)

i know if i keep working at it i can get it done in time , the left side of the suit is pretty much knocked out , its just getting the right side matched up now . but i wont be doing much bondo'n to the rest of the suit , just strengthen and paint.good luck with your dare suit btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scaling looks great, Can't wait.

I agree on the shin, Abit too short, You could just scratchbuild some cardboard on the bottom though.

Wow, Humboldt... that's looking really damn good. I'd say the scaling's downright perfect on you, dude; looks like a second skin on you. Should be just enough room underneath for an undersuit of some sort.

I'd agree with the Stig's suggestion on the shin piece. No need to spend all that time printing/cutting/folding/gluing another one together. Just add some material to the bottom to get it the length you want/need. Should still look good, imho.

thanx guys , heres my idea for the "spartan lift kit" i found my old pair of creepers , and though it would be a good base for the boots , it gives me a good 2" lift(and there free ,cause i already had them). just did the size tester this time . i have the resized thighs printed , and my arms are already sized and ready to be pepp'd

vlcsnap-2360669.png

what do you think too big? or spot on?

btw , really good idea about how to lengthen the shin piece with very little work , +5 brilliant points

Humboldt_spartan said:
thanx guys , heres my idea for the "spartan lift kit" i found my old pair of creepers , and though it would be a good base for the boots , it gives me a good 2" lift(and there free ,cause i already had them). just did the size tester this time . i have the resized thighs printed , and my arms are already sized and ready to be pepp'd

vlcsnap-2360669.png

what do you think too big? or spot on?

btw , really good idea about how to lengthen the shin piece with very little work , +5 brilliant points

No it looks pretty good. Sizes up nice. Good job

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back