3D modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack7226

Jr Member
Ok so im starting this thread for ppl that are looking into getting into 3d modeling (myself included). I wanted opinions on good programs to use. Any ideas? I have Blender and Zbrush but havent tried them so i have no clue how to use them lol. What are your guys thoughts?

the only 3D software i used was soildworks but i used it in highschool and dont have it at home. its pretty easy to learn. i think you can only get it thru the companys website in a student version

The student version (Solidworks) is good to get started learning it, but I think it's limited in how files are outputted and saved.
And to purchase a copy is expensive too, my work just purchased a copy not that long ago and it was over 4k and $1500 for maintenance for one year.

I just downloaded Blender V.2.49 and am looking at the tutorials, if anyone has any advise on this program let me know please

Blendercookie is a great place to start.... also look at the Blender Guru as well....

Do a search on the Blender Artists Forum too... there was a lengthy discussion there about pepping and Blender...

Cujo3131

I need a bit of help from someone who knows Blender pls. When i downloaded Blender it said i need to get Python. So i downloaded Pythin2.7 and Blender says i have no Python software on my PC. Im a bit confused

When I recently jumped into Blender, I had that issue too, just went along with my business. I doubt that anything I was going to do as a beginner was going to be affected. My friend told me to just get Blender 2.55beta and use that. I admit 2.55 is very polished so give it a try and 2.55 says that it is synchronized with python.

I started with this Tutorial Here and the next parts he has on his page check those 3-4 out.

Check out some Tutorials Here

I also find that even watching, just watching no emulating, Intermediate to Advanced tutorials helps just to get a feel of things it can do. (I watched the grass one :) ).

Hope this helps, and good Luck!

thanks ill give it a go. I just found out its some sort of scripting program but, if i dont need it in 2.55 then ill go with that
thanks for the help

I just downloaded Blender 2.55 and it seems to be working good. Thanks Jman
I have Maya 2011, But my P.O.S systems doesnt meet the requirements to run it so i was looking at alternatives lol
My new system will be built in Jan tho so ill be running Maya, 3DS Max and Blender :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back