1st Build 3D printed Halo 5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! its been a little bit.
I got the Boots of Butt Kicking done. I used e6000 and Velcro to attach the boot armor.
All padding has been put in and all velcro has been sewn on and does its job phenomenally.
And just to make it look cooler, I went over most of the edges with silver paint to make it look more battle damaged. It looks really cool!

My mom and my sister helped with the sewing so it was fun to involve them in the design and build process.
Here's the finished under suit. I kept it minimal, but still detailed.
20220719_114037.jpg

Heres the boots, before the final weathering was done.

boots.jpg

And heres a thigh armor padding/buckle test
20220705_180052.jpg

I'll send a lot more pictures soon.
Happy Building!

I finished it!! I really like how it turned out! There's a couple things that I would've done differently, but I don't have time to fix any of it. I've learned a lot about building while building this armor. Maybe in the future I'll build another, I have no idea.
I did a photo shoot. Here's some pictures from it:

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_1019.JPG
DSC_1021 (2).JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
*finger guns*
DSC_0053 (2).JPG
face reveal i guess
DSC_0010.JPG

Putting this on took like 10 minutes tops, by myself. It was weird. Taking it off, I had some help from my brother and it took almost 5 minutes.
I totally forgot to wear a balaclava under the helmet, so you can see my neck in some photos.
In the future, I'll probably make a few more posts about how I did certain parts like the arms, chest, attachment, etc. because I forgot to post updates when I made them.
To be honest, I really want to become a deployed member of this Infantry. I've been busy here and there, but I enjoy seeing what you guys build, and interacting here and there. I love this community and what it stands for. Many of you fellow Spartans have inspired me to make one of my favorite game characters a reality, and I thank you for that.

Feel free to ask any questions about how I built any part of this.

Happy Building!!! And Thank you!!

Awesome, Thank you!! the rules say that one must have 50 posts for deployment. Is that applicable here as I only have 32, or is only applicable if one hasn't completed a suit?
ah yep, you'll need the 50 posts and 90 days to be able to submit for deployment! However you already have the suit made so you're almost there!

Story time i guess.
I was looking thru an old cloud drive and found some pictures from the start of this build. Its cool to see the differences from start to finish.
I originally started with the arm files, and that is actually how I started the whole scaling process. The files provided by Jace1969 on Thingiverse were spliced and modified to fit on a smaller printer, probably at least 8-10" square. So I took one of the smaller pieces of the forearm, eyeballed the scale, and printed it out to see how well it fit my arm. I had to reprint the part, but I found out the scale I needed by precisely eyeballing it again. And then I applied the printing scale to most of the other parts.
This project included a lot of precise eyeballing.
And it turned out pretty well. (I can say that because its officially and completely done now)

Here are some old pictures
IMG_2329.jpeg
IMG_2325.JPG

If you notice on the bicep armor, there is a blue cap sort of thing. This piece was designed by me to help the armor meet up the the actual bicep armor part. The original parts would never have held together on their own without it. I had the student version of Solidworks installed at the time so I finally got to put my modelling skills to physical use. I permanently fixed the plate to the bicep part with gorilla glue. It hasn't broken at all in the past couple years, so I think it held pretty well.

IMG_2366.jpeg

Here's a picture of my messy room, where I did a lot of the assembling, scaling, and organizing.

Sorry for the random wordy post, It just feels good to talk about the whole process of this project, especially after finding these lost photos.

In need of advice.
I am going to be starting on the Velcro for the legs soon, and I need to figure out where the Velcro needs to go. I already have the attachment for the chest and arms figured out. I know that my legs will be moving around the most and the armor will need to be mounted on pretty tough, however I don't want to overdo it to the point where movement is more limited than it should be.
The thigh armor will be held up with straps and buckles, but I don't want them to be loose around my legs.
What would you guys recommend?
If it where to 3d print armor then I would make a velcro harness, as plastic tends to be to heavy for just velcro

Your suit turned out great. I'd recommend a balaclava for when you do your first show. In either case I'd be happy to welcome you into the Regiment once you hit your 50 posts.

I'd recommend checking out some other first time builds and posting encouragement or checking out veteran builds and asking questions. Meet some new people along the way.

Great job!

Your suit turned out great. I'd recommend a balaclava for when you do your first show. In either case I'd be happy to welcome you into the Regiment once you hit your 50 posts.

I'd recommend checking out some other first time builds and posting encouragement or checking out veteran builds and asking questions. Meet some new people along the way.

Great job!
Thank you!! I definitely will add a balaclava when I get the opportunity to. Next week I ship out for Bootcamp, so I wont be able to interact with the forums until mid-next year. But I definitely will interact more when I can!

you at 40!
just 10 more posts and you'll achieve what I still haven't!(which is entirely my fault bc I don't wan't to show me or my armour on the forums, just kinda safe online)

I'm so close! Next year I'll be starting another project, so that should definitely finish it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back