3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

MoeSizzlac

I love seeing another take on the print. Hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did!

I know some people are commenting on how large the forearm is currently. For those that may want a smaller forearm but are concerned about getting your hand through, I cut out a piece (very finely) off of the forearm and reattached it using Stretchrite and hot glue. This will allow the armor to flex for you in other spots too like the shin armor. Try getting the heel of your foot through a correctly sized shin and it's a pain without the Stretchrite relief put in.

20190208_074158.jpg 20190208_074213.jpg 20190208_074223.jpg

MIMMan12

I just started my print build as well, but I only have 1 printer. Based on your pics I assume one of your printers is a CR-10s, correct? Is that the 4 or the 5?

JGPenland

I love seeing another take on the print. Hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did!

I know some people are commenting on how large the forearm is currently. For those that may want a smaller forearm but are concerned about getting your hand through, I cut out a piece (very finely) off of the forearm and reattached it using Stretchrite and hot glue. This will allow the armor to flex for you in other spots too like the shin armor. Try getting the heel of your foot through a correctly sized shin and it's a pain without the Stretchrite relief put in.

View attachment 265866 View attachment 265867 View attachment 265868
Thanks for the tip! I’ll defintily incorporate that into mine. So far I’ve scaled the armor up 10% to fit my 6ft 220lb body.

TurboCharizard

RMO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
View attachment 266006 View attachment 266005
Yep I have 1 cr-10 s4, 4 Robo 4d r1+ and a delta,he3d k280.

Helmet 1.0 is done. The visor is just a hair too small, so I may print a new one 2% smaller. And make a visor for this one.
Worst case this model is a good display model or tester for paints and surface finishing! Alternatively you could go the route I took and "stress test" some parts by banging them around to see what a 3D print can withstand.