3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing another take on the print. Hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did!

I know some people are commenting on how large the forearm is currently. For those that may want a smaller forearm but are concerned about getting your hand through, I cut out a piece (very finely) off of the forearm and reattached it using Stretchrite and hot glue. This will allow the armor to flex for you in other spots too like the shin armor. Try getting the heel of your foot through a correctly sized shin and it's a pain without the Stretchrite relief put in.

20190208_074158.jpg 20190208_074213.jpg 20190208_074223.jpg

I just started my print build as well, but I only have 1 printer. Based on your pics I assume one of your printers is a CR-10s, correct? Is that the 4 or the 5?

I love seeing another take on the print. Hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did!

I know some people are commenting on how large the forearm is currently. For those that may want a smaller forearm but are concerned about getting your hand through, I cut out a piece (very finely) off of the forearm and reattached it using Stretchrite and hot glue. This will allow the armor to flex for you in other spots too like the shin armor. Try getting the heel of your foot through a correctly sized shin and it's a pain without the Stretchrite relief put in.

View attachment 265866 View attachment 265867 View attachment 265868
Thanks for the tip! I’ll defintily incorporate that into mine. So far I’ve scaled the armor up 10% to fit my 6ft 220lb body.

View attachment 266006 View attachment 266005
Yep I have 1 cr-10 s4, 4 Robo 4d r1+ and a delta,he3d k280.

Helmet 1.0 is done. The visor is just a hair too small, so I may print a new one 2% smaller. And make a visor for this one.
Worst case this model is a good display model or tester for paints and surface finishing! Alternatively you could go the route I took and "stress test" some parts by banging them around to see what a 3D print can withstand.

I’m back. I’ve been posting more to the 405th Fbook group recently but figured I should post here too!
Productive week, while other armor parts print I decided to start prepping the other parts I have for paint.
I reprinted all the armor I already had made, at a smaller scale.
Finally got the courage to cut out the visor of my Branfuhr helmet.
Back piece of the torso armor is currently 4 days in of an 8 day print.
B5AC48BF-F0A9-4605-A88F-ED6F48100DFF.jpeg
F1101DEE-BC70-4512-979F-9BE34CD66E1F.jpeg
5E31A80C-AD79-4CFE-82AA-5C52F555CBA2.jpeg
944ADFF3-DB73-4ECA-95CA-29A25C201D37.jpeg

View attachment 265803
It’s a cr-10 s4, 400mm print area, 4 of my other printers have a print area of 10x9x8”, and my 6th is a delta style printer for printing my really big stuff, prints 280mm(cylinder)x600mm

I was looking in the background and is that the rocket pack from the Rocketeer by chance?! I love what you have been building it looks freakin great!!!

I was looking in the background and is that the rocket pack from the Rocketeer by chance?! I love what you have been building it looks freakin great!!!
It sure is! It’s usually what I’m printing when I am not working on my suit, I sell rocketpack kits on Etsy.
On the left is my first prop I ever built, I documented it on theRPF about 9-10 years ago, and the right is my kit printed from the model sold by Do3d.
0DB18403-AF94-4ABF-8460-6E4CA4E04A10.jpeg

It sure is! It’s usually what I’m printing when I am not working on my suit, I sell rocketpack kits on Etsy.
On the left is my first prop I ever built, I documented it on theRPF about 9-10 years ago, and the right is my kit printed from the model sold by Do3d.View attachment 275324

OMG!!!! I love Rocketeer!! I have ALL of the original comics and I some other cool stuff from that series.
Great minds think alike. :)
So you sell these on esty huh?.....

OMG!!!! I love Rocketeer!! I have ALL of the original comics and I some other cool stuff from that series.
Great minds think alike. :)
So you sell these on esty huh?.....
Yep! The helmets are from Acme design, molded from screen used, he has a shop in Chicago, and graciously let me visit to check out his production used jetpack too.
I’m currently working on the new Disney jr Rocketeer helmet and pack too, my wife wants to cosplay her alongside my cliff.
F850BAF0-CC13-4FC4-A084-B58FD0860A17.jpeg

Yep! The helmets are from Acme design, molded from screen used, he has a shop in Chicago, and graciously let me visit to check out his production used jetpack too.
I’m currently working on the new Disney jr Rocketeer helmet and pack too, my wife wants to cosplay her alongside my cliff.View attachment 275325

Very cool!! I wish you both good luck and don't stop creating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back