3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it, I used a heat gun to form it in place, and it firms right back up once it cools.

Thanks!! Excited to hear about what he used.
And I think you should check out his build. It is awesome, and even though it is foam, maybe you will learn something or find something you can use! :)

Calling ExCeLLuR8 ! He tried the same thing in his build as it definatly looks good, but just isnt ideal. He then replaced it with something else that was perfect. I'll let him give more detail
Yes so the ribbed drain pipe is way to rigid and not really flexible enough for long term use. I ended up using offroad 4x4 rubber shock absorber boot covers and wrapped it around the host shoe and just used a piece of rubber from an inner tube to join the two ends of the shock boot using super glue (super glue bonds rubber amazingly). The best part, a simple cut of the rubber will take the ribbed boot off to replace as needed, doubt you would ever need too though. It is not glued to my host shoe or boot shell in any way. Here are so pics showing the application and also see my rubber built in boot soles if that interests you as well. You can order the shock boots of Amazon in various sizes for different diameter shocks or feet in our case. My next ones I may go up a size, but not really needed. Hope that helps out!!

20190901_155958.jpg20190901_160009.jpg20190901_155926.jpg

Yes so the ribbed drain pipe is way to rigid and not really flexible enough for long term use. I ended up using offroad 4x4 rubber shock absorber boot covers and wrapped it around the host shoe and just used a piece of rubber from an inner tube to join the two ends of the shock boot using super glue (super glue bonds rubber amazingly). The best part, a simple cut of the rubber will take the ribbed boot off to replace as needed, doubt you would ever need too though. It is not glued to my host shoe or boot shell in any way. Here are so pics showing the application and also see my rubber built in boot soles if that interests you as well. You can order the shock boots of Amazon in various sizes for different diameter shocks or feet in our case. My next ones I may go up a size, but not really needed. Hope that helps out!!

View attachment 277474View attachment 277471View attachment 277473
Thanks so much! I just ordered one on amazon ;-)
I was planning on shoegooing it to the boot armor pieces, but may go your route since it looks a lot more secure with the inner tube piece.

View attachment 277474View attachment 277471View attachment 277473
Damn that’s a great way of doing it! How big did you get? I see a bunch of “standard sizes” but they don’t look big enough.

Damn that’s a great way of doing it! How big did you get? I see a bunch of “standard sizes” but they don’t look big enough.
Thank you, it's simple and functional but above all, easy to maintain! I honestly dont remember the size, I just went to a local truck and offroad 4x4 shop and grabbed one out of a bin for like $2. I want to say it was 3 inch but cant remember. once you cut it in half and strap around the host shoe, you'd be surprised how far it gets you. Plus if you look closely in the game, the ribs start to fade out towards the bottom of the boot where the sole begins, similar to how mine looks.

Basecoats done on helmet and 60% of the armor, just have to finish sanding the legs and biceps, couldn’t resist throwing in the visor to test it out.
I also got some rubber edge trim for my sharp armor edges, also tried putting some around my helmet visor, I think it gives it a nice finished look.

DA5FA4F5-375A-4AC4-B95C-E0FBCD3BCE6D.jpeg

FEC1F11D-12DE-424D-BE86-4596EF7FCC45.jpeg
E4242458-529D-448E-B698-50B16BE8BB69.jpeg
BA075F26-A21B-47E8-A8ED-687667E3DE28.jpeg
BB3F2024-6960-4184-A4CD-DE5B77EABDBD.jpeg
01A2CD19-9658-4585-9459-57EB879E4DAD.jpeg
0945AD53-8968-44B0-870B-13BED40124FE.jpeg

Basecoats done on helmet and 60% of the armor, just have to finish sanding the legs and biceps, couldn’t resist throwing in the visor to test it out.
I also got some rubber edge trim for my sharp armor edges, also tried putting some around my helmet visor, I think it gives it a nice finished look.

View attachment 278105
View attachment 278099View attachment 278100View attachment 278101View attachment 278102View attachment 278103View attachment 278104

Nice!! That visor fits perfect! What did you scale your helmet to when you print it?

Haha, I love your happy face in the reflection of the visor on the fifth picture. This is looking great so far, and that AR is absolutly beutiful. Time for weathering?

Nice!! That visor fits perfect! What did you scale your helmet to when you print it?
The helmet is actually the only thing not printed, why reinvent the wheel when Branfuhr makes a beautiful MK VI helmet I originally printed a helmet and was going to use just his visor, but I scaled it wayy too big.
Haha, I love your happy face in the reflection of the visor on the fifth picture. This is looking great so far, and that AR is absolutly beutiful. Time for weathering?

Thanks! Yup almost time for weathering, going to clear the basecoat first.
I knew I would be in the reflection so wanted to look silly

The helmet is actually the only thing not printed, why reinvent the wheel when Branfuhr makes a beautiful MK VI helmet I originally printed a helmet and was going to use just his visor, but I scaled it wayy too big.

Thanks! Yup almost time for weathering, going to clear the basecoat first.
I knew I would be in the reflection so wanted to look silly
Gotcha no worries, I though that looked like a Branfuhr helmet. Looking good!

This build is looking pretty high quality. A few details missing, especially around the neck area, buy overall absolutely fantastic.

Like the AEQUITAS tattoo, as well.
The neck details I’m going to be adding with a 1/32” rubber sheet, cut it out and layer it, for a cleaner look.
I’ve got Veritas on the other hand ;-)

Not much to update on yet, just been sanding and painting. 2nd half of armor is almost ready for the Italian olive, sprayed it’s with a hammered texture paint to give it some texture, once everything is Italian olive I will clear with a satin sheen clearcoat, then onto weathering!
9F9B6EA5-9D7C-451F-8F78-7BA57277835C.jpeg

This build is amazing! The quality of the detail is incredible. The rubber that you used for the boots is a great idea, I used a plunger for my connection

I do not ever want to stand beside you in my armour, it will look like a third-grader made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back