3D Printed ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could try to fix it tomorrow. The best way to share the model would probably be google drive or something similar, as the forum doesn't allow .blend files.
i just shared it on the previous post. I put up the STL. OBJ. Blend. and what ever the sketchup format is. I dont think i need to rework the original sketchup file as I have definitely checked every detail on the mesh to find any broken faces. My issue is a lack of blender experience and knowledge. If i understood the program im sure I could find a solution.

I am WAY in over my head here. I cannot seem to get my head around the program. sketchup is easy enough however Blender is another animal. There are a few more Issues other than the ear when i apply the sub surface. If anyone is willing to take a crack at it be my guest. Ill figure out how share the model.

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Let me know if this works^

requested access under a very immature parody name of gandalf.

1581346180040.png

Addressed the issue. You have too many triangles in your poly. Blender absolutely hates triangles. It prefers quads. even then, the vertices were too clustered, causing issues in the smoothing processes.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 11.47.03 PM.png

Little update. I got bored and started working on other parts of the Reach ODST. Im thinking Ill work on the legs and work my way upwards considering there is an abundance of ODST shoulder and forarm files.

Boom done. onto the shin

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 9.16.26 PM.png

I may decide to edit this model and have the silver clip thingys be something that is separate which can be glued in. the more i look at it the more I want to rework those two areas.

Also can someone sneak into campaign and take some reference pictures of some ODST shins? Google images are letting me down.

Last edited:
Boom done. onto the shin

View attachment 284706

I may decide to edit this model and have the silver clip thingys be something that is separate which can be glued in. the more i look at it the more I want to rework those two areas.

Also can someone sneak into campaign and take some reference pictures of some ODST shins? Google images are letting me down.
PerniciousDuke has you covered.

PerniciousDuke has you covered.
DANG thats the references I am looking for!!!! Thank you for the link drop.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.30.14 PM.png

I lied about the shin. Unfortunately that is a LOT of detail and its hard to stay focused on one piece.

Here is where I left off before I needed a break.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.33.53 PM.png

Basically just separated all the parts and began adding the EASIEST detail on the front of the shin.
I get the feeling this model is going to get the best of me. but at least I now have some solid reference photos.

DANG thats the references I am looking for!!!! Thank you for the link drop.

View attachment 284726
I lied about the shin. Unfortunately that is a LOT of detail and its hard to stay focused on one piece.

Here is where I left off before I needed a break.
View attachment 284727

Basically just separated all the parts and began adding the EASIEST detail on the front of the shin.
I get the feeling this model is going to get the best of me. but at least I now have some solid reference photos.
Those EASIEST details still look way better than anything I could ever do! :D Nice work!

CHEST DAY!
I separated all of the chest pieces so that I could detail them individually. Ill do my usual split the model in half and mirror the detailed side. Im thinking the Full vest portion should just be turned into a template for foam and the separated pieces will become the hard printable pieces.
Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.32.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.43.20 PM.png

Boomshakalaka. Marine chest is detailed. Ill definitely have to make all the silver buckles from scratch, which shouldn't be too hard.

Ill keep jumping around and detailing up which ever model interest me most. I thought I would work my way up but I just cant get myself to work on the shins.

Anyways moving right along.

CHEST DAY!
I separated all of the chest pieces so that I could detail them individually. Ill do my usual split the model in half and mirror the detailed side. Im thinking the Full vest portion should just be turned into a template for foam and the separated pieces will become the hard printable pieces.
View attachment 284743
View attachment 284744
Boomshakalaka. Marine chest is detailed. Ill definitely have to make all the silver buckles from scratch, which shouldn't be too hard.

Ill keep jumping around and detailing up which ever model interest me most. I thought I would work my way up but I just cant get myself to work on the shins.

Anyways moving right along.
I have models for the clips between the upper and lower which I can send your way.

I found out that I can just share a link to the thing through Fusion Cloud Storage!

Dang these are perfect thank you very much. They seriously saved me so much time and effort. I slapped them on the model and they work perfectly. check it out.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 4.28.44 PM.png

I changed up the detailing on the chest slightly. Rather than have an indention I raised up the section.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 4.26.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Ab Day
Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.31.20 PM.png

I Built the belt attachment from scratch. I just used the measurements from the Original model. I didnt like the mess and It didnt resemble what the texture had. I also Removed the crotch area as it would technically be a soft part and something that wouldnt need to be printed or pepped.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 5.31.34 PM.png

Also the Belt section Has A neat little belt loop.

Thats It for now.

BIG Leg Day. seriously a leg day as I put it off for last.

I finally got around to working on all the details of the shin.
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.28.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.29.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.29.43 AM.png

I didnt realize until i zoomed in on the reference pictures. But there is A LOT of detail in the knees.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.29.05 AM.png

The calves where fairly easy to work.
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.28.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.28.55 AM.png

I Deleted all the areas where I determined to be a soft part (the straps).
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.28.30 AM.png

Lastly I went back to the NXRA and reworked some of the details. Here is what I got.
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.33.47 AM.png

Now that is Just about it.

I dont think I will work on the Forearms as there are plenty of detailed models floating around 405th. If anything Ill just add more to what exists. IF it needs it. I doubt they do.

BIG Leg Day. seriously a leg day as I put it off for last.

I finally got around to working on all the details of the shin.
View attachment 284903
View attachment 284904
View attachment 284906
I didnt realize until i zoomed in on the reference pictures. But there is A LOT of detail in the knees.

View attachment 284907

The calves where fairly easy to work.
View attachment 284908
View attachment 284909

I Deleted all the areas where I determined to be a soft part (the straps).
View attachment 284905

Lastly I went back to the NXRA and reworked some of the details. Here is what I got.
View attachment 284910

Now that is Just about it.

I dont think I will work on the Forearms as there are plenty of detailed models floating around 405th. If anything Ill just add more to what exists. IF it needs it. I doubt they do.

Are you doing all of this in sketchup?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back