3D Printed ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the detailing is being done in sketchup. I have very little blender experience so that where I turn to you all in the community to lend a helping hand so we can get to smoothing printing and wearing out own Reach ODST.

THERES LITERALLY TWO OF US!!!!

RandomRanger YOU SEE THIS RIGHT HERE? PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE SKETCHUP BESIDES ME!!!!

Its what I use to help clients remodel their homes. I have just gotten so good at it that I can actually work with game models lol.

That's awesome. I'm gonna need you to join the discord and show me how to make a globe. I'm still new to the 3d modeling world.

That's awesome. I'm gonna need you to join the discord and show me how to make a globe. I'm still new to the 3d modeling world.

Im with you there. one of the few limitations with sketchup are radius' the program HATES round objects. thats why these low poly assets are so easy to work with. Another Issue that I didnt realize is once you import these files into Blender, Blender takes a S***. Gerard Explained that Blender hates triangles which is what low poly Sketchup loves. Its a serious headache given I am unfamiliar with blender.

I may have to Make a tread with a link to my google drive so that the Blender experts can have a crack at smoothing and fixing the Sketchup triangle issues. It would be super cool to see a bunch of guys and gals rocking reach marines/ODST at the next E3 or Con. What do you all think? Should I start a 3D modeling thread in hopes that we can pitch in and get a reach squad going?

Im with you there. one of the few limitations with sketchup are radius' the program HATES round objects. thats why these low poly assets are so easy to work with. Another Issue that I didnt realize is once you import these files into Blender, Blender takes a S***. Gerard Explained that Blender hates triangles which is what low poly Sketchup loves. Its a serious headache given I am unfamiliar with blender.

I may have to Make a tread with a link to my google drive so that the Blender experts can have a crack at smoothing and fixing the Sketchup triangle issues. It would be super cool to see a bunch of guys and gals rocking reach marines/ODST at the next E3 or Con.

Its great for learning flat, but garbage at learning curves and such. Thats why you got my mind all sorts of boggled.

DANGIT

So I was digging through old files and found this little gem.
halo-reach-unsc-odst-helmet-texture.jpg

The circled portions are details that I left out of the model. SO!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.50.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.49.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 9.50.25 PM.png

TAHDAH!!!

This should Finally wrap up the ODST helmet.
Im sorry Gerard this should be the final one.

Does anyone happen to have an asset for the Reach ODST Chest piece? I thought I had it however I cant seem to find it in my files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back