3D printed ODST

Rob Crane

Hi all,
so I have been working on a 3d printed ODST for some time. I didn’t take any progress pics because I just didnt think.

I have the helm, chest plate, some of lower torso pieces done. I also have a 3D printed ma37 and m6c socom.
Some pics are below I hope you like what you see.

Also thoughts on paints. Regular black and greys or try an MTP type paint job?

The armour files and the modular m6 socom are from the brink studios on instagram and etsy
ma37 from thingiverse

Attachments

• IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3682.jpeg
    IMG_3682.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3588.jpeg
    IMG_3588.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3556.jpeg
    IMG_3556.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3555.jpeg
    IMG_3555.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
Chest plate will be held in place onto the molle of an British army osprey vest (fingers crossed) I feel this will be a good way to don the armour and keep within a milit type aspect/possible canon

lower torso parts are designed to be a card wallet when assembled

back parts not sure how I will secure yet. Possible molle clips as per chest piece

shoulder will be on an added shoulder of the osprey vest. It is an add on part of the original design. When I get them I will possible screw through the shoulder of the vest into the armour pieces and have a fastener round the lower part of the piece but that’s to be decided.

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpeg
    IMG_2373.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2374.jpeg
    IMG_2374.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2376.jpeg
    IMG_2376.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2377.jpeg
    IMG_2377.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Helmet. Possibly the most recognisable part of the ODST. Still a work in progress and will have a comms piece added.
Advice on padding and cooling sought after. Along with possible mics and speakers to enable comms with persons not in armour

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2378.jpeg
    IMG_2378.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
As far as padding goes, I'm a pretty big fan of the stuff on amazon tbh. I purchased 2 sets of this for both my helmets and they're fantastic because they're fairly modular. As far as cooling goes, there's a ton of different options there too. Personally, I use a set of helmet fans from etsy with a usb battery bank. That may be slightly harder for the ODST since there's typically not a lot of spare room in there.

Helmet. Possibly the most recognisable part of the ODST. Still a work in progress and will have a comms piece added.
Advice on padding and cooling sought after. Along with possible mics and speakers to enable comms with persons not in armour
Lookin' pretty good so far, I've gotta get started on my own ODST outfit AaAaaaa

Do you have any sort of back story in mind for your ODST? I can help to establish how you want it to look.
Not much of a back story yet. Was thinking of printing the sniper rifle. I forget its designation and going scout sniper possibly. Either way it would be multicam bdu and armour.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back