3d suit journey (start) custom armor set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizinski117

just bought a 3d printer should be here by the end of the week :). but when I look at some of the armor 3d files like the halo 5 ones it has the full suit. I was wondering how to print out one part and delete the others so that I can size the suit of piece by piece, so there the proper size. and does any one have a good set of 3d files for the halo reach amour, I did find some but it was a full scale model with unseparated armor pieces.

For splitting up armor parts, i have found that the Microsoft 3d builders split tool set to "keep both" is actually really good and simple for that kind of thing (how i split up the individual parts from the H5 Void Dancer set then you can just drag an drop the separated parts out as their own file and print them individually. Hope the helps! Split001.PNG Split002.PNG

EDIT: yes i know its the Venator, i didnt save the original full body of the void dancer so i opened a random armor i hadnt split up yet.

For splitting up armor parts, i have found that the Microsoft 3d builders split tool set to "keep both" is actually really good and simple for that kind of thing (how i split up the individual parts from the H5 Void Dancer set then you can just drag an drop the separated parts out as their own file and print them individually. Hope the helps!View attachment 250713 View attachment 250714

EDIT: yes i know its the Venator, i didnt save the original full body of the void dancer so i opened a random armor i hadnt split up yet.
how about resizing parts to fit

Sorry for the late response and indeed you can and its also really clean cut as well, within the program, theres a button (the blue arrow pointing to it) that will allow you to adjust every axis of the items measures, the one with the green arrows (on the model) are the one that shows the measure on the bottom and you can select each axis and input the numers you desire, it even has a 3d print option within the program where you can print from your own or even order it from microsoft (i think its from microsoft) as well! Hope this helps!Scale001.PNG

Sorry for the late response and indeed you can and its also really clean cut as well, within the program, theres a button (the blue arrow pointing to it) that will allow you to adjust every axis of the items measures, the one with the green arrows (on the model) are the one that shows the measure on the bottom and you can select each axis and input the numers you desire, it even has a 3d print option within the program where you can print from your own or even order it from microsoft (i think its from microsoft) as well! Hope this helps!View attachment 250721
thanks so much

how about resizing parts to fit
Look into a program called Armoursmith. It's by far the most useful tool for sizing parts and patterns outside of having a perfectly scaled body form.

You get to develop a model of yourself by inputting various measurements and then using that you can import 3D files to scale to your body model. It's pretty damn neat and has saved me a bit of headache more than a few times.

Not a problem, hope it gives you what you need! id love to see what you can make and welcome to the 405th!
is there a way that you can do all the stuff you do in blender in 3d builder cause don't think you can. just asking cause I am using blender right now to make to make the model have better print quality and such and the mouse is offset so it makes it much harder to use it with any kind of speed.

Look into a program called Armoursmith. It's by far the most useful tool for sizing parts and patterns outside of having a perfectly scaled body form.

You get to develop a model of yourself by inputting various measurements and then using that you can import 3D files to scale to your body model. It's pretty damn neat and has saved me a bit of headache more than a few times.
thanks this I will be buying :)

If your going to be using armorsmith.... you’ll want to start your model with that first. Armorsmith does not like high poly models or it may be my computer either way I usually size first in armorsmith then smooth and what not later. And is this a model made for pep? If so make sure you remove all inner supports. You may also find some models don’t play well with some of the blender modifiers. Sometimes you have to delete then rebuild some sections. I am a complete novice when it comes to the 3d modeling as well.

Last edited:
If your going to be using armorsmith.... you’ll want to start your model with that first. Armorsmith does not like high poly models or it may be my computer either way I usually size first in armorsmith then smooth and what not later. And is this a model made for pep? If so make sure you remove all inner supports. You may also find some models don’t play well with some of the blender modifiers. Sometimes you have to delete then rebuild some sections. I am a complete novice when it comes to the 3d modeling as well.
Ok thanks for the heads up

Sorry i was late to the party, honestly, never used blender, i will be looking into armorsmith as well. should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back